Rapid Change and Pressing Global Challenges are open to the fresh perspective of young leaders. The challenges need the innovative approach to candidates who see the future for what it can become outside the limitations of what our past has been.
The Challenge is available for young delegates from across the G7 which will focus on a number of core policy themes. The top place for each policy theme will be announced and awarded a prize package from the $7,500 total prize pool, provided by RBC.
Pitch your most audacious idea for the future of the G7! The RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge aims to connect, enable, and mobilize G7 youth with external stakeholders on their big ideas, allowing the unprecedented opportunity for young innovators to have their voices heard and responded to.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The fresh perspective of young leaders
- All youth 30 years and under (as of March 30, 2018) that identifies with a G7 member state and European Union are invited to submit ideas to the challenge.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://g7challenge.audaciousfutures.co/#challenge
Ideas must apply to at least one of the three policy themes and be directed to promoting collaboration across the G7 and EU. In line with the G7 themes, the Y7 2018 themes include: The Future of Work, Climate Change, and Environment, Gender Equality.
They’ve designed the challenge to be as simple and accessible to youth across the G7 as possible:
- Discover: Explore the policy themes, consult with stakeholders, and check back into our website for research resources on the policy themes.
- Design: Outline the basics of your idea and practice pitching your audacious idea in 2 mins or less!
- Deliver: Apply using the form on our website with a YouTube link to your final take of a 2-minute video pitch.
- The submission form is very simple and straightforward allowing anyone to submit an idea from anywhere.
- Make sure your video is no more than 2 minutes and set to Public + Unlisted on YouTube.
- Phone and laptop recordings are all acceptable formats.
- If you have technical difficulties in submitting your video or application, please contact at AudaciousG7-at-audaciousfutures.co, and they will support you where possible.
- Please place “Audacious G7 Youth Challenge” in the subject line.
- This year, Canada has the opportunity to host young delegates from across the G7, leading up to the 2018 G7 Summit, which will focus on a number of core policy themes.
- Connect: Join us at the Post-Summit Event in Toronto in late May, where we’ll feature the top Challenge finalists and final recommendations from the Y7 2018 Summit.
- Finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas at a Post-Summit Event in late May.
- A chance to win one of three prize packages, from the $7,500 total prize pool!
The RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge submission period will close on April 27, 2018.
You can send your question at AudaciousG7-at-audaciousfutures.co