Applications are open for the Psychonomic Society and Women in Cognitive Science Travel and Networking Awards for Junior Scientists organized by Women In Cognitive Science (WICS). These awards are open for women scientist.
The purpose of this award is to provide funds for graduate students, postdocs, and assistant professors to participate in and network at the 2018 Meeting of the Psychonomic Society, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, November 15-18, 2018.
The Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society is an important way for individuals to become known in the professional community and to develop collaborative relationships with other professionals in the field.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- A woman scientist
- A graduate student, postdoctoral fellow, or assistant professor
- Presenting a talk or poster at the 2018 Meeting of the Psychonomic Society
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must submit all following materials at WiCSNetworking2018@gmail.com
- Evidence of a submitted paper or poster abstract.
- A networking plan. This plan should identify one or preferably two senior scientists with whom the applicant would network at the conference; although only women scientists are eligible for this award, the targeted senior scientist(s) can be of any gender.
- The plan should also include the specific goals to be accomplished with a targeted scientist(s) (e.g., develop a collaboration, exchange research ideas, receive input on experiments, a grant proposal, or a manuscript), and should describe the relevance of this to the applicant’s research program. The plan should be approximately 2 pages long (single-spaced, using a 12-point font).
- Provide evidence of agreement from the networking target(s) to carry out the plan.
- A current CV
- Applicants must not be applying to work or network with a member of the WiCS Advisory Board
- Applicants must not be current (or former, within the last 4 years) trainees of current members of the WiCS Advisory Board.
Funds are available for up to 5 awards of $1000 each.
The application will close on July 15, 2018, at 5 PM ET. Awards will be announced on or around September 15, 2018.