Applications are open for The PAVE Student Design Competition sponsored by The Home Depot. The annual international competition is only open to college-level students who are involved in retail planning, design, visual merchandising, and branding programs.
The 2018 PAVE Design Challenge invites you to rethink and reinvent how The Home Depot stores can give customers the know-how they need to tackle all their home improvement projects with confidence. The Challenge encourages solutions that are innovative, creative and inclusive of all lifestyle needs and localization.
Who May Eligible:
- This competition is open exclusively to undergraduate college students.
- College-level students involved in retail planning, design, visual merchandising, and branding programs.
- Students may enter as a team of two (no more than two) or submit an individual entry.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants need to do register through the given link: http://paveglobal.org/StudentDesignCompetition.aspx
- To fulfill the Design Challenge, you need to select and complete 2 to 3 “Mini-Challenges” from the curated list of options (page 3).
- Entrant name(s) and school name(s) should not appear anywhere on the presentation pages or cover
- Each submission must include an entry form and disclaimer clipped to the back of the entry
- Students must also submit a PDF format copy of their entry on a labeled thumb drive
- Each entry is limited to 12 pages (12 single-sided pages or 6 back-to-back pages). A cover page is excluded from the page count.
- For this challenge, they encourage you to:
- Think Beyond Current Trends: Set the standard for others to follow
- Combine Design Fields: Architecture, Interior Design, Visual Merchandising and Graphic Design
- Expand the Way they Engage their Customers: To create a one-of-a-kind in-store environment
- Each submission should be in 8-1/2″ x 14″ format, and no more than 14 single-sided pages (page count does not include cover page). Feel free to express creativity in the presentation of your submitted physical entry.
- The design can be rendered, hand-drawn, photographic and/or computer-generated.
- Students also need to submit a PDF of their design booklet on a thumb drive.
- Please label the thumb drive with your name (a piece of tape with your name works fine).
- The submission should address the general competition requirements listed on page 6, as interpreted by the entrant(s).
- A written concept statement (two paragraphs max) must express the rationale for design decisions and how they present a unique approach to the concept.
Prizes include grants to students and schools and winning students may even see their designs come to life.
- First Place – $8,000
- Second Place – $5,500
- Third Place – $3,000
- Honorable Mention – $1,000
- Winners will also receive a travel stipend to be honored at 2018 PAVE Gala on December 5, 2018, in New York City.
- Winners will also receive a travel stipend to be honored at 2018 PAVE Gala on December 5, 2018, in New York City
- Prizes awarded to teams of two will be split between both team members
The application deadline is November 1, 2018.
All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org