The OACS competition is accepting the new and innovative applications for their Open Architecture Composite Structure. The entries are open to all global students of 18 years or older who are from architects, nonarchitects, and creatives of all disciplines.
There are no limits to what you can design, the program will provide $3500 prize for the best and most practical idea, but they also have a $1000 for an idea that is simply creative and off the wall.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following criteria at the time of entry:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Anyone around the world from architects, nonarchitects, and creatives of all disciplines.
- Individual or team participation are accepted and there is no limit in group size. Please choose one contact person and fill in that person’s data in the registration form. Collectives will be treated as individuals.
- All Talon and Highland Composites employees or their relatives are excluded from the competition. Also, no relative of a jury member (design firm, colleague, team or family member, etc.) is permitted to enter. Any involvement will result in automatic disqualification from the competition.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicant must download an application form through the given link: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/eef44b_1449d59d0de54f81bc7e92f82ea61f59.docx?dn=Application%20Form.docx
A complying entry in this Competition will comprise the following:
- Concept renderings can be in CAD or a render package, hand drew or even photo’s of 3D printed parts if you want to go that far.
- Obviously, a large part of a good design is presenting it clearly.
- Make sure that you fill in and attach the application form and contact details.
- There is no fee for participation.
- Submissions from all countries will be considered. Several projects can be submitted per person. However, every concept can only be registered once.
- By submitting a product concept to the OACS competition, participants agree to multiple reproductions and promotional publication of product material associated with that person’s submission with appropriate acknowledgment.
- Any material relating to the submission may be used for the purpose of OACS promotion, i.e., Tradeshow exhibition (print and online), catalog, websites, press releases, and media toolkits.
- Applicants send their entry with the attached application form to oacsentries-at-gmail.com
- Ensure the subject heading is “NAME – DESIGN TITLE”. Please mail any physical models to- OACS Competition, C\- Talon Technology, 10/111 Old Pittwater Rd, Brookvale 2100, Australia
There are two types of prize for candidates:
- Major Prize: Best use of design to create a product from the material which is able to be produced using Highlands technology and highlights the composite structure in an innovative manner. The prize for this category is $3,500USD
- Innovation Prize: Most creative use of the composite structure, capturing the imagination and thinking outside the box. The prize for this category is $1,000USD
- Cash prizes will be paid within one month of the announcement of the final judging.
The deadline for the OACS Competition is April 25, 2018.
For assistance with regards to participation, contact by email sent to- oacsqueries-at-gmail.com