Are you creative, open-minded or imaginative? Send your poster proposals for the 14th edition of the Montreal Black Film Festival. The Montreal International Black Film Festival ( MIBFF) is proud to launch the 5th edition of its great international poster contest. Through the contest, MIBFF encourages the graphic designer, artist, illustrator, poster designer or photographer who loves film and diversity.
MIBFF International Poster Contest is open for on the prescribed form the most deserving & bright students/ amateurs and professionals. The Montreal International Black Film Festival (MIBFF) will award a prize of $500 (Canadian dollars) to the winner.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidate must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- The contest is open to everyone, both professionals, and amateurs.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate in the contest.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application by using their email and information such as name, phone number and upload their festival poster through the given link: http://montrealblackfilm.com/en/2018-poster-contest/#
The poster must mention the following text:
Montreal International Black Film Festival
September 26 – 30, 2018
- As a part of the registration, an applicant must write few words about their poster.
- The official festival poster will produce in a range of formats (width x height): 4 x 6 feet; 27 x 40 inches; 24 x 36 inches; 18 x 24 inches; 7 x 9 inches etc.
- The resolution must be at least 300 dpi.
- The format required for pre-selection: low-resolution JPG (2-3 MB)
- Writing and images must be copyright free.
- The text and poster must be vector-based and editable.
- They accept the following file types: ai, eps, psd et indd
- The participant’s name or signature must not be included in the poster.
- Each participant can submit up to three proposals.
- The proposal must be accompanied by a brief description explaining the artistic choice and symbolism of graphics used.
- Each participant submitting a proposal recognizes that he/she is the author of the poster. The participant must also certify that the poster does not affect any third-party rights and does not violate copyright, directly or indirectly.
- The MIBFF will award a prize of $500 (Canadian dollars) to the winner.
- The winner will be invited to participate in the festival with an award of a free pass to the majority of activities. However, note that travel, hotel or related fees will not be paid by the festival.
- The winning poster will be featured in all of the MIBFF’s communications and publicity (in French and English). It will be used for all media and press purposes including promotional materials, interviews, press conferences, etc.
The deadline for the MIBFF International Poster Contest is April 30, 2018.