The Barcelona Urbanism Laboratory (LUB) is pleased to announce The Manuel de Sola-Morales European Prize. The prize is open to all Ph.D. candidates who are studying at a European University whose research for their doctoral thesis is grounded in urbanism.
The award is an academic initiative of the School of Architecture (ETSAB) at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) and available in honors the memory of professor in urbanism, and architect, Manuel de Solà-Morales Rubió (1939-2012).
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates studying at a European University whose research for their doctoral thesis is grounded in urbanism
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://lub.upc.edu/msmprize/application.html
- Candidates can present any doctoral thesis that has urbanism as the object of the candidate’s research.
- The thesis must have been written in a European language and must have been presented in a European university between January 1st, 2014 and 31st December 2017.
- It should also have obtained the maximum mark (cum laude or equivalent).
- The finished thesis should not yet have been published, either entirely or partially, nor must it be under consideration for publication, whatever language it is planned to publish it in.
- Identification details: Title of the thesis
- Basic information about the author and a brief CV (2000 characters, counting spaces)
- Basic information about the Thesis Director and about the center where the reading of the thesis took place along with the panel members or the committee who evaluated it.
- An abstract 5,000 characters long (counting spaces).
- A format free summary of the thesis in English, which should provide a synopsis of the work and an explanation of its contents.
- The maximum length of this summary should be 15 pages (in A4 PDF format).
- You may include illustrations.
- A complete digital copy of the thesis should be attached in the original language and in PDF format.
- The best Ph.D. will receive a prize of €7,000.
- The Prize winner and finalists will receive a diploma.
The application deadline is July 15, 2018.