Unlock your opportunities with a Mabel Wilson Richards Scholarship Fund which is created by the will of the late Mabel Wilson Richards and by a court decree.
The education fund is to provide financial assistance for the education of worthy and needy women who reside in one of the cities listed on the application.
The University of California is a part of the state’s three-system public higher education plan. The University of California library system contains one of the largest collections in the world.
Who May Eligible
- Be a resident of one (1) of the cities listed on the application. Residency is determined in the same manner as that of the University of California and the California State University
- Accepted for admission by one of the accredited colleges/universities listed on the application
- Demonstrate the need for monetary assistance at the college/university of her choice for the current academic year
- Demonstrate high moral character and good citizenship.
- Complete the FAFSA application for the college/university that she is currently attending and identified as eligible for financial assistance
- Be a US Citizen or, if under 21 and not a citizen, at least one (1) parent must be a Permanent Resident/US Citizen
- First-time students must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher in her last two years of High School, or during her first year of college.
- Any undergraduate recipient must carry at least 12 units each quarter, or complete 36 units per academic year and must achieve and maintain a 3.0 or better average. Eligibility shall be determined by the student’s need (a) on the basis of special information requested of the student on the scholarship application, and (b) the recommendation is written on her behalf by the Scholarship Committee based on the terms of the donor. The scholarship may be renewable.
- Comply with all the rules and regulations as stated in the will provisions for the administration of this scholarship.
How to Apply
- To be eligible for apply, Applicants must submit the Mabel Wilson Richards Scholarship application to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships in 102 Aldrich Hall.
- Applicants must also submit the 2018-19 free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the federal processor by March 2. The FAFSA application is available on the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Benefit: The university provides varies award amount for funding of their student’s education.
Application Deadline: For students looking to receive a first-time award for the 2019-20 academic years, this application is closed until October 18, 2019.