Suffering from deadly diseases like HIV / AIDS may leave one to lose hope for life and dreams, but what if we say an organization is ready to invest in you because they know you are worth investing in! If you are tested positive for HIV or have AIDS, do not worry; the Joshua Gomes Memorial Scholarship Fund is with you to fight this battle. The foundation has come up with an incredible scholarship for students who are HIV positive or have AIDS. Candidates should be accepted into or enrolled in a US college, institute, university, or technical college to be eligible.
The only purpose behind initiating this program is to help the students live a normal and happier life even after being diagnosed with a severe disease like HIV/AIDS, making it difficult to be positive towards life. The foundation wants to help the students with their academic needs and make it easy and possible to accomplish their higher academics despite their disease and other difficulties. The process of the scholarship has been kept simple purposely.
The Joshua Gomes Memorial Scholarship Fund is a non-profit organization coming forward to help turn the dreams into the reality of the students who dare to dream. The foundation understands the difficulties of the students who are facing financial challenges but dare to dream big. The foundation believes that helping students with their educational needs is the ultimate step towards the country’s well-literate population growth.
Students are requested to go through the table to get quick information about scholarships:
|Organization||Joshua Gomes Memorial Scholarship Fund|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Status||July 15, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Take a look at the needs to be accepted for this program:
- Fellows must be HIV positive or have AIDS
- Candidates must be accepted into or enrolled in a US college, university, institute, or technical college
- Fellows must be accepted into or enrolled in full-time undergraduate or graduate study
- Previous applicants and recipients are eligible to reapply each year.
How to Apply
Welcome to an easy-to-access process. Fellows are requested to download the printable application from the website. Print the Application Form and type or legibly print all needed information. Mail the completed Application Form together with the Required Documents to:
The Joshua Gomes Memorial Scholarship Fund
45767 McKenzie Highway
Vida, OR 97488.
Documents for new and old applicants differ accordingly:
Required materials for new applicants:
- The fellow must submit a Letter from a doctor certifying that the applicant is HIV positive or has AIDS
- The candidate should provide official transcripts from high school showing a cumulative GPA
- The student must submit a letter of acceptance from the school of higher education
- The candidate should provide official transcripts from college or university if applicable
- The candidate should provide a doctors letter attesting to the fact is the candidate had any health-related issues that affected his/ her grades,
- The candidate should submit three letters of recommendation attesting to the motivation and character of the applicant
- The fellow should provide a recent photograph of the applicant
- The student must submit a Minimum 500-word essay:
Briefly explaining their hopes, plans, and goals for the future and how his/their schooling will help lay a path to fulfilling these. What motivates the candidate to pursue higher education? What subjects do they plan to study? What led them to this path of study?
Required materials for old applicants and recipients:
- The candidate should provide an official transcript from college or university since their last application submission
- The candidate should provide a doctors letter attesting to the fact if the candidate had any health-related issues that affected his/ her grades,
- The fellow should provide proof of registration for the next academic quarter/semester
- Students are requested to submit their recent photograph
- The student must type/ write and submit an essay of a Minimum of 500-word on:
Describe the collegiate experience thus far. What experiences and lessons have taken away from their time there? In what ways is a student making an impact there? Is the candidate facing challenges that he/ she didn’t anticipate? What are they, and how are they managing and overcoming those challenges? What keeps the students motivated to rise above and see their higher education through?
Each student selected will receive a scholarship of $1000. Please ensure you use the amount only to pay your academic needs like tuition, fees, and other needs. The scholarship process is easy and encourages students to focus on their education, and brings positivity to their life. It helps them to fight the disease through financial support.
The last date to apply for the scholarship is July 15, 2021. Please do not send late applications as those will be rejected directly.