The ISPE Student Poster Competition is an annual competition held by local ISPE Affiliates and Chapters. The local and international students of the undergraduate and graduate level are eligible to participate in the competition.
Affiliates and Chapters are encouraged to support as many students as possible to attend and compete at the Annual Meeting in whatever way they deem appropriate. They are typically having paid for the local winners to attend the Annual Meeting and compete in the International Student Poster Competition.
Student Poster Competitors will receive cash awards and the opportunity to publish research in ISPE’s magazine, Pharmaceutical Engineering, as well as other Affiliate/Chapter publications. They also may obtain financial support from the following sources: academic institution, fundraisers, parents, and earnings.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- International students of the undergraduate and graduate level are eligible to apply
- Each contestant must be a student member of ISPE PRIOR to competing at the Affiliate/Chapter poster competition and must remain in good standing through the Annual Meeting.
- Postdocs are not considered students; however, they are encouraged to display their research during ISPE’s professional poster session held during the Annual Meeting.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To be part of the ISPE Student Poster Competition, the applicants must contact ISPE (Debbie Kaufmann, email@example.com or 301.364.9215).
- The poster must include the following:
- Names of author(s) and affiliated organization(s)
- Abstract (brief summary of objectives, methods, results, and conclusions)
- Background Information
- Project Objectives
- Materials and Methods
- Results (tables, graphs, charts)
- Discussion of possible future directions or why the project is complete
- Poster topics may be related to any facet of ISPE, which may include the following: research and development, facility design, engineering, human resources, process development, sales, computers, regulatory compliance, manufacturing, the environment, and technology.
- Competitors shall plot the poster on a 40”x60” sheet of paper or mount the sections of the poster on color matboard.
- ISPE (local and international levels) will supply each competitor with a white 40”x60” foam core poster board, easel, and mounting materials such as Velcro, tape or push pins. Competitors may choose to orient the poster vertically or horizontally.
- All illustrations and text must be readable from a distance of 3 feet.
- Academic institution logos and ISPE Affiliate/Chapter logos may be displayed on the poster.
- The winners of the undergraduate and graduate level will be decided at the local event.
- Both the undergraduate and graduate student winners will receive cash awards and the opportunity to publish research in ISPE’s magazine, Pharmaceutical Engineering, as well as other Affiliate/Chapter publications.
- If the students win and then graduate, they may still compete at the Annual Meeting in the fall under their original competition category.
- Student Poster Competitors also may obtain financial support from the following sources: academic institution, fundraisers, parents, and earnings. Solicitation of funds from companies by students is strictly prohibited, but competitors may accept donations offered by companies.
The program accepts applications until July 31st each year.
For all questions concerning the Student Poster Competition, contact Debbie Kaufmann by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone, 301.364.9215.