For making studies interesting, The Higher Education Services Corporation is delighted to announce an Excelsior Scholarship Program. This funded education is available for a resident of NYS, U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
Established in 1978 as a private, The Higher Education Services Corporation is New York State’s Higher Education Student Financial Aid Agency. HESC’s mission is to help people pay for college. A non-profit organization is to provide life-of-loan servicing for student loan programs that help ensure students and families have access to higher education.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible
An applicant must:
- Holders must be a resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term;
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Students have either graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a federally approved “Ability to Benefit” test, as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department;
- Candidates have a combined federal adjusted gross income of $125,000 or less
- Students must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University
- Be in a non-default status on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or on the repayment of any NYS award
- Be enrolled in at least 12 credits per term and complete at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program through continuous study with no break in enrollment except for certain reasons that can be documented
- If attended college prior to the 2019-20 academic year, have earned at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program prior to applying for an Excelsior Scholarship
- Be in compliance with the terms of the service condition(s) imposed by any NYS award that you have previously received; and
- Execute a Contract agreeing to reside in NYS for the length of time the award was received, and, if employed during such time, be employed in NYS.
How to Apply
If you are ready to receive an Excelsior Scholarship, you need to complete the application form through the given link: https://webapps.hesc.ny.gov/questionnaire/page.hesc?questionnaireId=58&versionNumber=3
- A recipient of an Excelsior Scholarship may receive up to $5,500.
- To determine the award amount, an applicant will receive for the academic year, including an NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) award and/or federal Pell grant.
- The Excelsior Scholarship will cover any remaining tuition liability up to $5,500, and a tuition credit will cover any remaining tuition expenses not covered by the Excelsior Scholarship.
Application Deadline: The application will be closed on August 15, 2019.