Giving a perfect start to a career is very important for students. That’s why the Gates Scholarship is available for you. The program is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for exceptional, Pell-eligible, minority, high school seniors.
This prestigious scholarship program is based on evidence that by eliminating financial barriers in college, a last-dollar scholarship can enable high-caliber, low-income minority students to excel in their course work, graduate college.
The Gates Scholarship will provide further support to scholars to ensure they have access to the resources and services they need, from their first to last day of classes. The scholarship will fund 300 students per year, starting with 2018, totaling 3,000 students over the life of the program.
Who May Eligible
To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at the US accredited, not-for-profit, private or Public College or university.
How to Apply
To apply this scholarship application, an ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
- Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Application Deadline: Deadline of this scholarship award is September 15, 2019.