Do you think that you are eligible enough to get the proud honor of International essay contest For Young People competitions? If yes, then get ready because The Goi Peace Foundation is pleased to announce “The change I want to Make” International Essay Contest for Young People. All nationalities can participate from anywhere in the world.
The purpose of the contest is to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world. This annual essay competition is organized in an effort to exploit the energy, creativity, and initiative of the youth of the world in promoting the culture of peace and sustainable development.
Who May Eligible:
Anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2018) in one of the following age categories:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
How to Apply:
To apply, the application entries may be submitted by postal mail or online as the following:
Online: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page and follow the required steps: https://goipeace-essaycontest.org
Postal mail: Send your entries to International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation 1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan
- Postal mail must include a cover page (free format) indicating: (1) category (Children or Youth) (2) your essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2018 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
Theme: “The Change I Want to Make”
What is the one thing you would like to change the most to make your school, workplace, community, country or the world a better place? How would you bring about that change? Share your concrete ideas.
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page.
- Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
- Essays are accepted in English, French, Spanish, German or Japanese only, since these are the only languages the contest organizers and judges can read.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category:
- 1st prize (1): certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. $880)
- 2nd prize (2): certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. $440)
- 3rd prize (5): certificate and gift
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift for 25 entrants
- 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2018, and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
- Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, and School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- The deadline for the contest is June 15, 2018 (23:59 your local time).
- All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2018 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2018.
For further inquiries concerning the International Essay Contest for Young People, contact essay-at-goipeace.or.jp