The Silicon Valley Community Foundation established the Bright Futures Scholarship Fund to provide scholarship opportunities to the many worthy applicants who seek funding each year.
The award is open to all students who are currently enrolled as a full-time student at a four-year educational institution. Eligible students who applied to a Foundation Managed Scholarship are also eligible to apply.
SVCF provides leadership, expertise, and capital to help address social issues in their region. SVCF is nonprofit groups and institutions advancing the best ideas and directs resources swiftly and strategically toward unforeseen needs.
Who May Eligible?
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the given eligibility criteria:
- Students must be currently enrolled at a four-year educational institution as a full-time student.
- Students should have demonstrated academic promise with a cumulative grade point average between 3.3 and 3.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Applied for an SVCF Managed Scholarship and/or was awarded a scholarship, but can demonstrate unmet need after all other forms of college financial aid are secured
- Special consideration will be given to working students and those pursuing a teaching or master‘s degree with an emphasis on the teaching of mathematics.
How to Apply?
To apply, the applicants need to register and login to Apply SVCF.
Applicants will need to upload all the following:
- A personal statement,
- Financial need documents (FAFSA, Student Aid Report or other),
- Two letters of recommendation,
- Official transcripts, and (for certain scholarships)
- Other documents, like employer verification.
The SVCF Bright Futures Scholarship Fund will offer a number of 20 one-time scholarships. The winning candidates will receive up to $10,000.
Eligible students will be invited to apply for the Bright Futures scholarship from July 12 through August 15. Application details will be shared with eligible students at that time.