- January 7, 2019
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
If you are student, then you have a chance to earn $1,000 money for your education needs. The legal professionals at Berkowitz & Myer is pleased to announce the Berkowitz & Myer Scholarship Essay Contest. This contest is open for those students who are planning to enroll in an accredited United States College or University during the 2018-2019 academic years.
Who May Eligible:
Applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited United States College or University during the 2018-2019 academic years is eligible to apply.
How to Apply & Competition Rules
Candidates, who wish to participate in this competition, should send their essay as an attachment in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To participate in the contest, applicants should
write a 600-word essay answering the following question:
- Currently, under the Federal Bankruptcy Code, federal student loans are almost never eligible for discharge.
- Explain the pro’s and cons’s of whether Congress should change the Federal Bankruptcy Code to allow these loans to be discharged. Then, take a position and explain why you think federal student loans should or should not be allowed to be discharged in bankruptcy, like other unsecured debts (i.e. credit cards, medical bills, etc.)
- In the body of the email, applicants should
include the following information:
- Your name and phone number
- If you are under 18, contact information for your parents
- The name of the school you are attending or planning on attending
- Your current course of study
- The best way to contact you
Berkowitz & Myer is proud to be declare an annual $1,000 Scholarship Essay Contest.
The application will close on January 15, 2019 9 AM EST.