The Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes invites applications for the Barron Prize. This prize is open for young people who are permanent residents of and currently residing in the U.S.A. or Canada.
The Barron Award honors 25 outstanding young leaders of 8 to 18 years of the year. Each winner will receive $ 10,000 to apply for your higher education or to your service project.
Who May Eligible:
The Barron Prize welcomes applications from public-spirited young people who are:
- Between the ages of 8 and 18 (not yet age 19).
- Permanent residents of and currently residing in the U.S.A. or Canada.
- Currently working on an inspiring service project or have done so within the past 12 months.
- Working as an individual to lead their service work. The Barron Prize does not accept applications from large groups of young people.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules
To win the competition you need to do register and complete the information through the given link: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/barron2019
- Applications must be completed and submitted online by our deadline of 5:00 p.m. MST on April 15 each year, when the system will automatically close.
- They do not accept applications via fax, email, U.S. mail, or any other carrier.
- Contact us well in advance of our deadline for any technical assistance you anticipate needing. They do not accept applications after April 15.
- Applications must include a letter from the Lead Reference. A Lead Reference is simply an adult advocate who has solid knowledge of the young person’s heroic activities. Examples of Lead References include teachers, librarians, school counselors, youth service officials, and religious leaders.
- Members of the applicant’s family cannot act as a Lead Reference nor write the other two required letters of recommendation.
- All required application materials must be included at the time of submission. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Contents of the application are considered public information once submitted and should not include private or privileged information.
The winners will receive:
- $10,000 Cash Award
- Recognition Gifts
- Young Heroes Materials
- Networking Opportunities
- Media Coverage
Applications must be completed and submitted online by April 15, 2020.