Are you an African American interested in pursuing a career in Design, leadership, or Technology? Then here is a great opportunity just for you! The UNCF has an impressive Target scholarship for college students interested in pursuing their careers in the related field. The organization is concern about the future of African Americans as most of their families belong to poor economic backgrounds. The organization believes in inequality through this scholarship; they want to provide an equal educational opportunity for all students irrespective of the finances.
They aim to spread equality among the community, especially among black students. As they are trying to perform best in their academics. They believe that every individual is unique irrespective of their color, background, etc. Every student should be treated with special respect. The organization is trying to help these students and help them to live with dignity.
UNCF is a foundation that warmly works for students with low backgrounds. They are committed to helping such students in the U.S. and help them to live with pride. They aim to encourage the talented, dedicated, and up-and-coming intelligence in Design, Leadership, Technology and push them towards passion.
Kindly go through the following table to know more about the scholarship:
|Organization||Target and UNCF|
|Educational Level||Incoming freshmen|
|Subjects||Design, Leadership, Technology|
|Number of Awards||1000|
|Application||June 16, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Go through the eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be an African American/Black.
- The student must have received a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- The fellow must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident.
- The student must be an Incoming Freshmen/First-Year student who is planning to enroll in one of the HBCU’s
- Applicant must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in one of the areas: Technology, Leadership, Design.
How to Apply
The candidate must submit all the required documents and the application and submit the application with valid information via online mode from the website. Kindly make sure not to make any errors; the incomplete application will not be considered. $5000 amount scholarship will be awarded to the selected students.
Applicant must provide few mandatory documents:
- Students must submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
- Student must submit two essay
- Applicants must provide a final high school transcript or evidence of completion of the GED.
- Applicants must submit a full copy of the 2021-22 year FAFSA student aid report.
The scholarship reduces the burden on the student. Students should only use this scholarship for expending them on the educational costs for books, tuition fees, etc.; students are strictly informed not to utilize the scholarship for anything other expenses. This scholarship will support the students in concentrating fully on the studies and not on academic finances.
The application should be submitted before the deadline that is before June 16, 2021.