Do you know about the worthy Talent on Tap Scholarship? If you are a woman of color and interested in the beer industry, then here is the chance you shouldn’t miss. City Brew Tour is proudly welcoming candidates to apply for their Talent on Tap Scholarship. This program is open to women-identified people of color interested in obtaining or already pursuing formal education or certification in the beer industry. Candidates must be 18 years or older at the time of application. No experience is required.
This scholarship aims to fund education for women of color who are interested in making an impact in the beer industry. The scholarship’s main motive is to provide considerable support to the deserving candidates who are looking forward to completing their education in the beer industry. The program’s primary goal is to bring excellent women to the industry and expand the field with their innovative thinking and new research through education.
City Brew Tours offers unforgettable all-inclusive tours and beer-focused experiences in some of the best beer cities throughout North America. With over a decade of experience, City Brew Tours has created the ultimate craft beer experience that blends history, beer knowledge, transportation, and great food with unrivaled access to an area’s top breweries and their beer. City Brew Tours was founded in Burlington, Vermont, in 2008 by Chad Brodsky, a college kid who had fallen in love with craft beer while studying in Vienna. Thirsting for more, he returned home and enrolled in the University of Vermont’s “Beer Making 101” class.
Take a look at the table below for more details of the scholarship:
|Organization||City Brew Tours|
|Educational Level||College or university students|
|Access Mode||Online and Offline|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||December 1, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Know more about the criteria you need to stand on before applying:
- The program is open to women-identified people of color interested in obtaining or already pursuing formal education or certification in the beer industry.
- Fellows must be 18 years or older at the time of application.
- Funds must be used for formal beer education. Examples include, but are not limited to: Cicerone certification program, hospitality certification, beer science courses, etc.;
- There is no required level of experience with beer or the beer industry.
- Current or recent employees of the City Brew Tours group of companies are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The application process for the scholarship is extremely simple. Candidates should fill the online application with all the required details and submit it. No late or inadequate applications will be entertained. Applicants should submit all the required materials with care. An online application is not required; if you require the ability to make your submission by mail for any reason, please print the application PDF and mail the answers to all questions to City Brew Tours, ATTN: Talent on Tap, 675 VFW PKWY PMB 257, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467.
- The described long-term impact of receiving this scholarship on the applicant and the industry is based on written, oral, or video responses to the long-format discussion. Prompts can be viewed in the PDF version of the application.
Recipients will receive an award of up to $2500 to further education or training within the beer industry. Funds must be used for formal beer education. Examples include, but are not limited to: the Cicerone certification program, hospitality certification, beer science courses, etc. This scholarship encourages the candidates to participate in beer industry research and development through education.
Applications will be accepted from October 5, 2020, and the application window will close on December 1, 2020. Hurry up and submit your applications as soon as possible.