The Shenzhen Industrial Design Profession Association (SIDA) and Desall.com are delighted to announce the SZIDF Gadget Design Award. The award is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality who aged 18 years or older.
Theme: with a view to representing the current edition of the fair, your gadget/souvenir shall comply with the theme Design drives [knowledge] drives design, preferably showcasing high-tech functionalities or electronics-enabled features.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality
- Who aged 18 years or older.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://desall.com/Signup
- Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com website, via the upload page related to “SZIDF 2018 Gadget Design Award” will be accepted.
- How to use/where to use: the gadget/souvenir shall be a product of daily life.
- Size and weight: the gadget/souvenir you design shall be easy to carry by frequent travelers.
- Materials and technologies: you are free to employ the materials you prefer, including plastics, fabrics and other materials suitable for industrial production (not craft production).
- Gadgets/souvenirs featuring electronics-enabled functions (e.g. sounds, lights, etc.) will be most appreciated.
- Keep into consideration the technical and economic feasibility of your gadgets/souvenirs, as they will have to be produced in time for the event.
- Production: the gadgets/souvenirs will be manufactured by a Chinese factory with technologies for the mass production (e.g. injection molding, etc.).
- Consider about 60-100 RMB (i.e. 8-13 EUR, 9-15 USD) for production costs.
- Values to convey: your gadgets/souvenirs will have to comply with the values and tradition of the Shenzhen International Industrial Design Fair, in particular conveying the values of innovation, industrial design expertise and the other traits of the brand, that you can find on their official website szidf.com
- Logo: the logos of SZIDF and SIDA shall be visible and applied to your products (see Material files).
- Customer typology: your gadgets/souvenirs will be sold to all attendees of the Shenzhen International Industrial Design Fair 2018.
- Deliverables: upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.) and, if necessary, remember that you can also attach a.ZIP archive containing extra materials.
- Desall required files
- Minimum 1 image, up to 5.
- Recommended dimensions: 960 x 720px (player size) ; allowed format: .jpg , .gif , .png; color mode: RGB;
- Allowed resolution: 72 dpi, max file (for each one) size: 1 mb.
1st Award – SZIDF 2018 Experience
- International round-trip flight tickets + 4 nights at quasi five-star hotel + airport pick-up & drop-off
- 6m x 6m standard booth + booth setup (in addition to the products and works of the winner, the booth may also host materials regarding Desall and the award)
- Product prototype
- One onsite bilingual (English-Chinese) assistant
- One advertising page in the SZIDF catalogue
- One page image-text presentation ads on SZIDF website for two years
- Promotion in SZIDF community
- Networking opportunities with design masters and design leaders
- Free pass to all the concurrent forums and workshops
- The services offered for the award are equal to about EUR 11,000
The application deadline is September 13, 2018. Award ceremony during the designers night of SZIDF on Nov 5th, 2018.