Swarthmore College has given students the knowledge, insight, skills, and experience to become leaders for the common good. It recruits highly gifted and dedicated faculty members who are passionate about learning and devoted to inspiring in their students that same passion for exploration and discovery.
Swarthmore offers over 600 courses a year in more than 40 areas of study, including an engineering program which culminates with a Bachelor of Science in engineering. At college, The Honors Program has embodied Swarthmore’s commitment to dedicated learning and the life of the mind.
With 11% Swarthmore acceptance rate, It is a highly selective liberal arts college. Swarthmore College has sent letters of admission to 980 prospective members of the Class of 2022. Swarthmore has a total undergraduate student enrollment of 1,620 and 187 faculty members for a student-faculty ratio of 8:1.
What GPA do you need to get into the Swarthmore College?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at Swarthmore is 4.04.
- This makes Swarthmore Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.04, Swarthmore requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is the Swarthmore College an Ivy League school?
- Founded in 1864, Swarthmore was one of the earliest coeducational colleges in the United States.
- Swarthmore has a reputation as a very academically oriented college, with 66% of students participating in undergraduate research or independent creative projects, and 90% of graduates eventually attending graduate or professional school.
The Swarthmore College SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the Swarthmore College?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Swarthmore College?
- The average ACT score of admitted students to Swarthmore College is 32.
- That means, if you or your child is applying to Swarthmore, scoring above 32 means the ACT is working in your favor.
Is the Swarthmore College a prestigious school?
- Swarthmore is one of the most competitive private colleges or universities in the US, with an 11 % acceptance rate.
- A student/faculty ratio of 8:1 ensures that students have close, meaningful engagement with their professors, preparing the former to translate the skills and understanding gained at Swarthmore into the mark they want to make on the world.
What is the Swarthmore College best known for?
- It is known so far that 10,749 applicants resulted in 1,016 admits for an admit rate of 9.45%.
- It is also decidedly global in outlook, drawing students from around the world and all 50 states.
- It offering liberal arts and engineering curriculum, the College is private, yet open to all regardless of financial need.
How much does it cost to go to the Swarthmore College?
Charges for the 2018–2019 Academic Year
|Student activities fee||$398|
What are the majors at the Swarthmore College is known for?
- Swarthmore College students can take courses at Bryn Mawr College and Haverford College through the Tri-College Consortium.
- Swarthmore offers more than 600 courses and undergraduate research opportunities, in science, engineering, humanities, and social sciences.
- The College’s exceptional honors program is built on the idea that engaging in dialogue is the best way to truly master the material.
How much is tuition at the Swarthmore College?
Tuition and Fees (2018–19)
- Tuition: $52,190
- Room: $7,938
- Board: $7,536
- Student Activity Fee: $398*
- Total: $68,062
Is the Swarthmore College a public or private school?
- Swarthmore College is a private liberal arts college in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania.
- At Swarthmore, students listen deeply and share experiences with those who have different viewpoints, identities, and histories.
- The diversity of perspectives represented by its students contributes to its community’s strong sense of open dialog and engagement with ideas and issues.
- Swarthmore College is where intellectually passionate students think and create together for the betterment of their communities and the world.
- They also provide support to their peers through a variety of mentor and academic advising groups.
What is the SAT score required for the Swarthmore College?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Swarthmore College?
- The average SAT score of admitted students to Swarthmore College is 1418.
- If you or your child is applying to Swarthmore, scoring above 1418 means the SAT is working in your favor.