If you want to complete your graduation in the United States, then you can apply for “SUSI Program for the Students of Journalism, Media Studies and Communication ” hosted by Washington State University.
Washington State University is a public research university in Pullman, Washington. It was founded in the year 1890. It is one of the older land-grant universities in the American West and features programs in a broad range of academic disciplines.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible
Participants nominated for this program will:
- Applicants must be proficient in English
- Students must be interested in the Institute topic
- All the aspirants must be between 18 and 25 years of age
- Participants must have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies and therefore be committed to returning to their home universities following completion of the program
- All the students must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities
- Candidates must indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States.
- Applicants must have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations
- Participants must demonstrate the commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- All the students must have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country
- Aspirants must be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and curious
- Students must be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel.
- All the candidates must be comfortable with the campus life and prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
How to Apply
- All the participants need to write a personal statement is a way to tell about yourself and your goals, including the following:
- What about your background and interests to make you competitive for the SUSI exchange program?
- What will you contribute to the program?
- How will the program affect you personally or professionally?
- Applicants need to structure your essay in paragraphs and limit your response to 500 words, or approximately a page, single-spaced.
Many benefits are provided by the Washington State University, which is described by following points in detail:
- The program will cover all participant costs, including program administration, domestic travel and ground transportation, visa travel, book, cultural, mailing and incidental allowance and housing and subsistence.
- The program will be arranged and pay for participating students’ international visa travelling cost and travelling allowances within set limits and in coordination with posts and Fulbright Commission.
Housing and Meal Arrangements:
- Housing will be in shared university dorms on campus with common bathrooms.
- Male participants will be housed on one-floor and female participants on a separate floor.
- Most meals are provided at campus facilities, though participants may have access to a kitchen to cook some meals on their own.
- All students will receive the Department of State’s coverage of $100,000 with$25 co-pay per medical visit and$75 co-pay per emergency room visit, for the duration of the program.
- Pre-existing conditions may be covered up to $100,000, subject to policy exclusions and limitations.
- Information on the health benefits program will be found online at https://www.sevencorners.com/gov/usdos.
During the academic residency, the students will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
In addition to classroom activities, participants will meet with local news outlets and travel to Atlanta, Georgia, for a study tour.
Application Deadline: All the interested applicants should submit their application before December 27, 2019.