Applications are open for Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest sponsored by ShurTech Brands, LLC to school students who are 14 years of age or older at the time of entry. The contest is open all high school legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or legal resident of Canada.
It’s the coolest scholarship contest!! Students are challenged to create their own prom outfits made entirely from Duck Tape®, then wear those outfits to the prom for the chance to win scholarship cash! You’re free to create your Duck Tape® prom wear whenever you like.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 14 years of age.
- Attend a high school, home school association, or another school-sanctioned prom during the 2018 calendar year.
- Be a legal resident of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Maryland, Vermont, and Colorado) or a legal resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec).
- Not have been a finalist in any previous Stuck at Prom contests.
- If you’re under 18 yrs. old, don’t forget to get your parent’s permission.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: http://stuckatprom.readysetpromo.com/register.html
- Limit one contest entry per entrant.
- Contest entries must be in the English language.
- In the event of a tie score between two or more Couples Category Finalists or Singles Category Finalists, the tied Entrants will be asked to provide a written answer to the following question (“Tie Breaker Question”): How do you plan on using Duck® Brand Duct Tape in college?
- The answer to the Tie Breaker Question should be no more than 150 words in length and will be judged based on originality and creativity. Answers more than 150 words in length will be disqualified.
- Subsequent submissions made by the same entrant will not be considered.
- By submitting a photograph, a participant hereby acknowledges that they own or have secured all rights to use, publish and copyright the photograph. Photographs must be of good quality.
- Entrants to the Contest may use the Sponsor’s name, logo, and product in their Contest Entry.
- Each Entrant must create and wear to a prom: prom attire consisting of either a complete dress (the “Dress Category”) or a complete tuxedo (the “Tux Category”) and accessories made using Duck® brand duct tape and/or Duck® brand crafting tape (“Duck Tape® Prom Attire”).
- Entrants must submit at least one photo of the Entrant showing the Entrant wearing Duck Tape® Prom Attire; the location of the photograph is at the discretion of the Entrant.
- The Duck Tape® Prom Attire: (i) must be an original creation, (ii) may not have previously won any award or Contest, or (iii) may not copy, incorporate or be based on the work of a third party.
- Online Contest Entries only. No other method of Contest Entry will be accepted.
- If an entrant is between the ages of 14-17 years old, or otherwise considered a minor in the jurisdiction of the entrant’s residence, the entrant will be required to enter his or her parent or legal guardian’s first name, last name and email address in addition to the entrant’s own name.
- Once the Entrant or Entrant Couple accesses the entry form, the Entrant or Entrant Couple will be asked to submit the following:
- At least one, but up to five, high-resolution (300 DPI) color photographs (professional or amateur) of the Entrant or Entrant Couple in Duck Tape® Prom Attire
- Each Entrant’s first name, last name, address, state or province, country, zip or postal code, phone number, email address, age.
- Photographer release form if the photo submission is professional (to be obtained from the photographer and uploaded with entry) (collectively the “Contest Entry” or “Contest Entries” as applicable).
- One (1) First Place Prize – Dress Category: $10,000 will be awarded to the winning Finalist in the Dress Category.
- One (1) First Place Prize – Tux Category: $10,000 will be awarded to the winning Finalist in the Tux
- Eight (8) Runners Up Prizes: Duck Brand Prize Packs (ARV $100 each) will be awarded to the remaining Finalists in each of the Dress and Tux Categories.
- Tux Runner Up $100: Four Tux Category runners-up will each win a Duck Brand Prize Pack worth $100.
The competition will close at 11:59:59 PM EDT on July 9, 2018.