The University of Cambridge with the partnership Stormzy is pleased to announce the Black-Only Scholarship. The scholarship program is open to black UK students who are admitted to the University of Cambridge in autumn 2018.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible for a Stormzy Scholarship, applicants must:
- Have ‘Black African’, ‘Black Caribbean’, or ‘Black Other’ ethnicity.
- Have a confirmed place for entry to the University of Cambridge for a first undergraduate degree, and due to commence study in October 2018. (You can check the status of your offer on UCAS Track at https://track.ucas.com/.)
- Have been assessed for fee status as a ‘home’ student. (You were advised of your fee status in the offer letter issued to you earlier this year. If you are in doubt, please contact the Cambridge College that has accepted you.)
- Have applied to Student Finance (England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland) for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan, and have received confirmation that they have been assessed and will receive full financial support.
How to Apply:
The application process for the scholarship is as follows:
You can make an application using the online form. You will need to provide the following pieces of information:
- Your full name, as provided on your UCAS form, and date of birth
- Your UCAS Personal ID (the ten digit number you get when you register to UCAS Apply. You can find this on UCAS correspondence addressed to you)
- Your ethnicity
- Confirmation that you have applied for and expect to be in receipt of the maximum level of support from the government through Student Finance (England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland) for tuition fees and maintenance loans
- A personal statement of up to 2,500 characters, outlining how you would benefit from the award
- Confirmation that you give us permission to use all of the above information and that provided through your application to the University of Cambridge and to Student Finance so that we can assess you for an award
- An indication of whether you are willing to participate in any publicity or promotion related to the award
- The scholarships, which are non-repayable, will cover the full cost of tuition fees and provide a maintenance grant which will significantly reduce the need for awardees to take out government or commercial loans.
- This support will be available to recipients for up to four years of undergraduate study.
- For 2018-19 the total award to each student for the year will be worth £18,000.
- Receipt of this award will not affect eligibility for a Cambridge Bursary.
- Awards will be announced during mid-September.
Applications must be submitted by no later than Friday 31 August 2018. Late applications will not be considered.