Stanford University is one of the top fundraising institutions in the country, becoming the first school to raise more than a billion dollars in a year. Stanford University is particularly noted for its entrepreneurship and is one of the most successful universities in attracting funding for start-ups.
The full-time, four-year undergraduate program has arts and sciences focus with high graduate student coexistence. Stanford Undergrad is your guide to undergraduate academics and opportunities run by the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education. More than 9,300 master’s, doctoral, and professional degree students are pursuing graduate degrees in all seven of Stanford’s schools.
Approximately 7,000 undergraduate students, more than graduates attend Stanford. Stanford’s undergraduate program is one of the top three most selective in the United States by acceptance rate. The acceptance rate of the Stanford University is 4.65 percent.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Stanford?
You will need exceptionally good grades to get into Stanford University.
- 95 is the average GPA at Stanford University.
- This makes Stanford Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.95, Stanford requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is Stanford University an Ivy League School?
- Stanford is not the only schools often thought to belong to the Ivy League.
Stanford University Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at Stanford, but they really want to see at least 1450 to have a chance at being considered.
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a Good ACT Score for Stanford University?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Stanford?
- In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into Stanford.
- The average ACT score composite at Stanford is a 33.
Is Stanford University a Prestigious School?
- Stanford University is a private institution that was established in 1885.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 7,034, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 8,180 acres.
What is Stanford University Best Known For?
- Stanford is known for its academic strength, wealth, proximity to Silicon Valley, and ranking as one of the world’s top-ten universities.
- It is famous for its most popular majors such as Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Engineering.
How Much Does it Cost To Go To Stanford University?
- At the current published rates, an estimated total tuition, fees and living expense price for a 4-year bachelor’s degree at Stanford is $266,784 for students graduating in normal time.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Stanford University is $51,353. This cost is estimated based on the cost change rate of last year.
What Majors are Stanford University Known For?
- The most popular majors at Stanford University include Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Engineering.
- Stanford Undergrad is your guide to undergraduate academics and opportunities run by the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education.
- Today, more than 9,300 master’s, doctoral, and professional degree students are pursuing graduate degrees in all seven of Stanford’s schools.
How much is Tuition at Stanford University?
- Few students actually pay this full cost! Prospective students and parents can use their Net Price Calculator to obtain estimates of eligibility for need-based financial aid from Stanford.
- The budget includes the actual cost of tuition and certain fees, a standard amount for room and board, and allowances for the typical costs of books and supplies, personal/miscellaneous expenses, and transportation to and from campus.
- New students (freshmen and transfers) will also need to pay the New Student Orientation Fee ($525) and the Document Fee ($250).
See Tuition and Fees 2018-19 for tuition for the next academic year.
2018–2019 Academic Year
|Room and Board||
|Campus Health Service Fee||
|Books and Supplies||
Is Stanford University a Public Or Private School?
- Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford, California.
- The university is organized around three traditional schools consisting of 40 academic departments at the undergraduate and graduate level and four professional schools that focus on graduate programs in Law, Medicine, Education, and Business.
- Stanford follows a quarter system with autumn quarter usually starting in late September and Spring Quarter ending in early June.
What is SAT Score Required for the Stanford University?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Stanford University?
- The average SAT score composite at Stanford is 1520.
- Stanford University typically requires applicants to be in the top 3 percent of SAT test takers.