Stanford University is excitedly calling students for their Stanford Science Fellowship Program. The students intended for exceptional early-career scientists recently awarded their Ph.D. or will be awarded their Ph.D. by the start of the fellowship are invited. The candidate expected to pursue experimental or theoretical research in any natural science discipline are welcome to apply.
The scholarship aims to encourage the students to do better in the field of science for a better and prosperous tomorrow. It will help deserving students to overcome the financial challenges they face during their academic studies.
Stanford University is the world’s best university with a fantastic curriculum and valuable education for students across the globe. They provide an excellent program in the field of health care, business, education, engineering, law, medicine, earth, energy, and environmental sciences and many more.
Who May Be Eligible?
Before applying for the grant, please check the eligibility requirements given below:
- Candidates should have recently been awarded their Ph.D. with no more than two years of prior postdoctoral experience
- The candidate who indent to pursue experimental or theoretical research in any natural science discipline.
- Fellows should hold primary appointments in an academic unit in any practicing school appropriate to their research
- A candidate who has a strong record of scientific achievement, clear intellectual drive for an advance understanding f the science, commitment.
- International scholars are eligible too
How to Apply
The applicants who are eligible according to the above criteria can apply for the program by filling out an online scholarship form. Students are asked to submit complete credentials in order to be applicable for the award.
- Full legal name, contact information, date of PhD
- Three letters of recommendation one should be from candidates PhD advisor
- The statement of two pages regarding the career goals, relevant experience, how a candidate will contribute to his or her goals of the Standford Science Fellows Program
- Research statement of two pages answering the following questions:
“What is a research problem?”
“What could be accomplished on a three to five-year timescale?
“How can Stanford enable these accomplishments?”
The winning applicant will receive a stipend of $83,000 and up to $8,000 per year supplement funds to support research and professional development. The recipients will be able to gain experience as well as funds to support their further higher education.
The application will be open on August 1, 2020, and will close on October 15, 2020.