Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) is pleased to announce Early Career Interdisciplinary Scholars Fellowship Program. The fellowship is open to the applicants who have a Ph.D. or M.D. in a field outside of psychology or human development within a max. of 5 years from the fellowship deadline.
The fellowship is designed to allow early scholars to participate in the SRCD Biennial Meeting. The program also seeks to promote a receptive climate for truly transdisciplinary research that will advance understanding of the complexities of child and adolescent development.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- A Ph.D. or M.D. in a field outside of psychology or human development within a max. of 5 years from the Fellowship deadline.
- [Note: Exceptions to the time limit (up to 10 years) can be requested for individuals in disciplines that have longer training periods (e.g. MD’s), or due to other extenuating circumstances. If you are requesting an extension, including a justification for your application.]
- Have not been granted tenure as a faculty member
- Must be pursuing an area of research that is related to human development and have a desire to:
- Obtain increased exposure to developmental theory, methods, and research findings,
- Develop or enrich collaborations with developmental scientists, and/or
- Disseminate relevant research from within their discipline to developmental scientists
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate in the competition applicants need to do register through the given link:
To apply to the Early Career Interdisciplinary Scholars Fellowship Program, including the following documents/information in your application:
- Your CV (PDF)
- A brief 1-2 page statement (PDF or Word doc) addressing the following:
- Describe your research, including your primary discipline and how your research intersects with developmental science.
- How would you benefit from attending the SRCD Biennial Meeting?
- How can SRCD members benefit from learning about your research?
- Names of up to 3 suggested mentors. [Note: This is optional.]
- The selected fellows receive complimentary registration to attend SRCD’s Biennial Meeting, receive career advice from the mentor, and
- Meet with the members of the Interdisciplinary Committee and the other interdisciplinary scholars.
Application Deadline is Friday, November 16, 2018, 11:59 PM ET