A nationally ranked private university, SMU is a distinguished center for global research with a liberal arts tradition. SMU students, faculty and alumni are changing the world through their chosen fields, civic engagement, and service to society.
The University offers a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences and undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs through seven schools. SMU’s strength lies in fusing teaching and research into breakthrough academic experiences.
With 48.9% Southern Methodist University acceptance rate, it is one of the more selective universities in Texas. Fall 2018 semester, the university’s 11,649 students are 6,479 undergraduates and 5,170 postgraduates from all 50 states and 83 countries.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into Southern Methodist University?
- The average GPA at SMU is 3.64.
- This makes SMU Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.64, SMU requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Southern Methodist University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for Southern Methodist University?
- The average ACT score at SMU is 29.
- This score makes SMU Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & Cost to go to Southern Methodist University?
2018-19 Estimated Costs
|Tuition and Fees||$54,492|
|Housing and Meal Plan||$16,754|
|Books and Supplies (estimate)||$800|
What Majors is the Southern Methodist University known for?
- The most popular majors at Southern Methodist University include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Engineering, and Visual and Performing Arts.
- SMU offers strong undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs through seven schools.
- The University’s 10 libraries house the largest private collection of research materials in the Southwest, including over 3 million volumes.
Is Southern Methodist University a public or Private school?
- SMU is increasingly recognized for the ways it supports students, faculty, and alumni as they become ethical leaders in their professions and communities.
- Southern Methodist University is home to almost three hundred student organizations, including academic, professional, fraternal, sporting, ethnic-themed, religious, service, and political diversity groups.
- The University offers a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences and undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs through seven schools.
- Southern Methodist University has approximately 43% of the undergraduate student body affiliated with its Greek system.
- The University will cultivate principled thought, develop intellectual skills, and promote an environment emphasizing individual dignity and worth.
What SAT score is required for the Southern Methodist University?
- The average SAT score composite at SMU is 1390.