UnitedHealth Group is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders, and, most of all, in how we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget; it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself home with us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
We’re fast becoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners, offering an ideal professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in patients’ lives. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you, give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, and provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Table of Contents
|Organization||University of Rochester|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||March 10, 2023|
Who is Eligible?
- In the final year of obtaining a Nurse Practitioner degree from an accredited college/universityobtainingined a degree within the last 18 months, the degree must be obtained before starting employment.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain before the art of employment
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANCC or AANP is required or the ability to obtain before starting employment.
- DEA License or the ability to obtain before the start of employment (dependent on role)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Reside in the region hired
- Meet the George Washington University’s admissions criteria
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations and client requirements and obtain necessary proof of vaccination. Boosters, when applicable, before employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Geriatric or adult medicine specialty
- Experience working in home health or home setting
- Experience working with complex patient populations, including multiple chronic diseases with diverse psychosocial backgrounds
- Basic knowledge of computers and cell phones
- Understanding Medicare, Medicaid, and Health Plan benefit structures beneficial
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual
- Effectively communicate with elderly and chronically ill patients and families.
- Comfortable working independently in a home-visit setting
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage a schedule
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate with the care team and physicians
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and patient sites within a designated area
How to Apply?
Applicants must complete the online application form.
The deadline for online submission of the application and supporting documents is March 10, 2023