Soroptimist, a global volunteer organization is delighted to announce Live Your Dream Award. The awards are open for a woman who is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
Live Your Dream Awards finalist has the potential receive up to $16,000 to help offset tuition costs, pay student loans, or find reliable childcare so she can worry less about how to pay her bills and focus on reaching her dreams.
Who May Eligible:
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a SoroptimistWomen’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://members.soroptimist.org/SIA/ClubSearch.aspx
Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000 – $16,000 to further their education:
- Club-Level: Recipients can receive up to $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club in your area.
- Region-Level: Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award.
- International Finalists: Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards.
The application deadline is November 15, 2018.