Welcome to the Michigan Medicine Social Work Post Graduate Fellowship Program in Palliative Care. Our program provides a two-year post-master graduate training with extensive clinical experience, supervision, and educational opportunities in clinical social work while working towards full Social Work licensing.
Philosophy of Training
The Clinical Social Work Post Graduate Training Program is a program through which trainees attain strong clinical skills in Social Work Palliative Care and Hospice Certification. Upon completing a two-year Post-Graduate Fellowship training, the required clinical care and supervision hours will be fulfilled toward obtaining full Social Work licensure in Michigan. We are committed to providing cutting-edge clinical training, challenging work, and dynamic experiences. Fellows have opportunities to work closely with faculty, staff, and trainees from various disciplines to facilitate personal growth and professional development best.
Table of Contents
|Organization||The University of Michigan|
|Education Level||Post Graduate Fellowship|
|Amount||$40,000 stipend for the first year and $44,000|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||October 15, 2022|
Who is Eligible?
- Completion of a Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE-accredited institution
- An in-person interview (or via video platform) during the application process
- Prior Health Care and Hospital Social Work experience (internship experience is applicable)
- US Citizenship required
- Michigan Social Work license eligible, min LLMSW
How to Apply?
To apply, please send a letter of interest and your resume to:
Nina Abney(link sends e-mail)
Social Work Manager, Michigan Medicine Social Work
Associate Director of Social Work and Community Programs, Geriatrics Center
- $40,000 stipend for the first year and $44,000 stipend for the second year
- Medical benefits
- Three weeks of (paid) vacation per year.
The deadline for the online submission of applications and supporting documents is October 15, 2022.