Since the Corona Pandemic has entered our lives, many people have lost their jobs, their lives, their loved ones, and whatnot. But now, due to the collective efforts of government and various nations, this pandemic has almost come to an end. Now, it’s our time to play our role and put a full stop to this corona. I hope you must have understood by now that by “our role” I’m referring to our part to get vaccinated. Getting a COVID-19 vaccination can protect you, your family, and your community and help end the pandemic. To promote vaccination, the Community Health Foundation is sponsoring two incentives for persons between the ages of 12 and 21 to encourage vaccination against COVID-19. The first is a social media incentive and the second is a Tik Tok contest.
To participate in the social media incentive, participants should upload a picture of themselves getting the vaccine or with their vaccination card to either Facebook or Instagram. This incentive will run from August 9 through September 9. Anyone in the 12-21 age group can enter even if they were vaccinated before the contest dates. Each person who posts a picture with the correct tags and hashtags during the contest period will be entered into a drawing for a $500 Visa gift card.
To participate in the Tik Tok contest, contestants are to submit a TikTok video showing themselves getting vaccinated or include a creative message explaining, “This is why I got vaccinated.” All videos must tag @chfofpc and #getvaccinatedkayco. Winners will be determined based on creativity and originality. Tik Tok videos can be submitted between August 9 – September 9, 2021. A panel of judges will select two winners who will each be awarded a $250 Visa gift card. Winners will be announced on September 10 via the @chfofpc TikTok account and promoted on the Community Health Foundation’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
The Community Health Foundation was formed in 2006 after the sale of the non-profit Via Christi Hospital to a for-profit hospital. Via Christi had operated a health foundation for many years to aid community members with meeting their healthcare needs. The vision of the Community Health Foundation is a healthier Kay County, Oklahoma due to the efforts and contributions of the Foundation. The Community Health Foundation exists to improve the health of the citizens of Kay County through programming, education, scholarships, partnerships, and grants.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Community Health Foundation of Ponca City|
|Number of Awards||5|
|Contest Deadline||September 9, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Open only to residents of Kay County, Oklahoma.
- The candidate must be 12 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Eligible Entrants who are under the legal age of majority in Oklahoma must get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Contest.
- A Minor Entrant will be required to provide parental consent in a form satisfactory to the Community Health Foundation before he or she can be declared a winner and any prize can be awarded under the terms of these Official Rules.
How to Apply?
Following is the application procedures for both the contests:
For TikTok Contest:
To enter the Contest, an Entrant must have a TikTok account. If you do not have a TikTok account, you may create one for free by visiting www.tiktok.com.
- Event Sponsor may not receive entries from TikTok users with “private” accounts. Please be sure to allow @chfofpc to view content.
- To enter, follow the Community Health Foundation’s TikTok account as indicated. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete, or that contain errors. Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. No other entry method will be accepted.
- Entries must tag @chfofpc and use the hashtag #getvaccinatedkayco.
For Social Media Incentives:
To enter, participants or their parents must post a picture of the individual age 12-21 getting their vaccine or with their vaccination card and stating why they chose to get the vaccine. The vaccine did not have to occur in the contest dates to be entered. The post must tag the Community Health Foundation and include the hashtag #getvaccinatedkayco. Please be sure to allow the Community Health Foundation to view the post (i.e. make it public). If Entrant is using his or her mobile device to enter, charges, including message and data rates, may apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans.
Following are the benefits to be received by the winners of the contest:
For TikTok Contest:
Contest winners will be selected by a panel of Community Health Foundation volunteers and staff. Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, likes, and shares. A panel of judges will select two winners who will each be awarded a $250 Visa gift card.
For Social Media Incentives:
The winner will be chosen at random from all entries and will each receive a $500 VISA gift card.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is September 9, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.