Applications are open for the SME Education Foundation’s Scholarships funded by the SME Education Foundation. The foundation will provide scholarships for students pursuing post-secondary degrees in an engineering discipline closely related to manufacturing or a technology field of study related to manufacturing.
They will provide a fund from $1,000 – $6,000 that can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Graduating high school senior (entering college in the fall) or first-time college applicant (e.g. displaced worker, veteran, non-traditional student).
- Undergraduate student or graduate student.
- A full or part-time student.
- Entering an accredited post-high school program including two (2) or four (4) year college, or trade school in Michigan.
- Enrolling in a manufacturing engineering, manufacturing engineering technology, or a closely related degree or certificate program.
- Possess an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Citizen of the United States or Canada.
- Demonstrate good character and leadership.
- Need is not a consideration in awarding scholarships except when two or more applicants have equal qualifications.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate in
this competition, applicants need to do
register through the given link:
- If you have previously applied for an SME Education Foundation scholarship, log in on the right.
- The application process will automatically qualify you for ALL eligible scholarships.
- Eligibility is determined from the questions asked on the application, so answer each question accurately and completely.
- Some scholarships are limited to a specific gender, location or other eligibility criteria.
- Answer each question in the order presented since your answer may affect later questions – do not skip forward since the questions may vary depending on your earlier response.
- keep your password in a safe place, since it will be required to access and update your application.
- Intentionally providing false and/or misleading information will disqualify you from eligibility for an SME Education Foundation scholarship.
- If you received a 2018/2019 Myrtle and Earl Walker Scholarship, this scholarship is renewable, assuming you meet renewal criteria.
- Complete a new application for your Myrtle & Earl Walker Scholarship to be considered for renewal.
- Scholarships range from $1,000 – $6,000 and can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education.
- The SME Education Foundation also offers substantial scholarships to students with at least one parent or grandparent who has been an SME member in good standing for the last two years.
- The Family Scholarships include one (1) award in an amount of $40,000 and
- Three (3) scholarships of $20,000 each, all payable over four years.
The SME Education Foundation scholarship application opens November 1, 2018, and will close February 1, 2019.