The Federal Aviation Administration is sponsoring the Smart Airport Student Competition to recognize students with the ability to focus on improving the efficiency of smart technology.
The competition is open to teams of undergraduate and graduate students at the accredited United States-based colleges and universities. Teams may include senior capstone students, clubs, and multi-university students.
The National Institute of Aerospace (NIA) is a non-profit research and graduate education institute created to conduct innovative aerospace and atmospheric research, develop new technologies for the nation and help inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
Who May Eligible
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Student team members must have been enrolled in a United States-based college or university for at least one semester during 2019.
- Team members, including all faculty advisors and students, must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- An individual may join more than one team.
- Eligibility is limited to students from colleges and universities in the United States.
How to Apply
Participants can enter the program through the link.
- Up to $6,000 will be awarded to each of the three finalist teams to help offset the cost of travelling to New Jersey to demonstrate their concepts.
- Finalist teams will also be invited to an awards ceremony where a $25,000 prize will be presented to the leading university of the winning team.
Application Deadline: January 13, 2020.