The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is offering financial aids to students through its Sloan Research Fellowships organized for the year 2020. Students who hold a Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biology, computer science, economics, mathematics, neuroscience, ocean sciences, physics, and a related field are eligible to apply.
The Foundation knows that a carefully reasoned and systematic understanding of the forces of nature and society when applied smartly and wisely, can lead to a better world for all; therefore, the program is established. The recipients will get enormous prizes to overcome their hurdles.
The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation makes awards primarily to support original research and education. It is an American philanthropic, not-for-profit organization. It originated in 1934 by Alfred P. Sloan, Jr., then-President and Chief Executive Officer of General Motors.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible for the Sloan Research Fellowship, applicants must take a look over the given criteria:
- Candidates must hold a tenure-track (or equivalent) position at a college, university, or other degree-granting institution in the United States or Canada.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in chemistry, computational or evolutionary molecular biology, computer science, economics, mathematics, neuroscience, ocean sciences, physics, or a related field;
- Students must have a letter of nomination from a department head or other senior researcher.
- More than one participant from a department may be nominated, but no more than three.
How to Apply
Interested students who are eligible according to the above-mentioned criteria are asked to submit their complete applications and mandatory materials electronically through an online scholarship form. Students must submit their credentials to get consideration.
- A letter from a department head and other senior researchers officially nominating the Student and describing his/her qualifications, initiative, and research
- A CV
- Two representative articles by the candidate;
- A brief (one-page) statement by the participants telling his or her significant scientific work or immediate research plan.
- Three letters from other researchers written in support of the candidate’s nomination.
The deserving and passionate winners will be receiving an award of $75,000, which may be spent over a two-year term on any expense supportive of their research. The fund may not be used for indirect costs or overhead charges. The recipients will get to cover all of their educational expenses with the help of the funds.
All nomination materials must be submitted through the Foundation’s online application system no later than 11:59 PM EDT, September 15, 2020.