SI Yachts is pleased to offer its Siyachts Scholarship Program for the year 2020. The awards are open to grab by the students who are enrolled in at least 6 hours of undergraduate courses or 3 hours of a graduate at an accredited university and also demonstrate volunteer work on campus or in the community.
The purpose of organizing the grant is to assist one scholar per year who is willing to acquire quality education but are bound by their financial needs. The rewarded funds will be great enough to cover up any of the educational expenses.
Staten Island Yacht Sales was founded in 1964 as Staten Island Boat Sales. It began as a mere dream and has expanded into one of the largest mid-size yacht dealerships in the world. Its founders Phillip Bongiorno and his son Frank were selling Owens and Ulrichsen boats for Schatz Bros. in Brooklyn before the 1964 opening.
Who May Be Eligible?
To eligible for the Siyachts Scholarship, the candidates must be reviewing the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 6 hours of undergraduate courses or 3 hours of a graduate at an accredited University.
- Students must have taken at least 40 undergraduate credit hours or ten graduate credit hours.
- Must have proof of declared major.
- Must demonstrate volunteer work on campus or in the community of attended University or College.
- Must be currently enrolled at your college or university during the time of submission.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or more.
How to Apply
Students are asked to download an application form. The complete form with the below-mentioned credentials is to be submitted to the committee electronically via email to Scholarship@SIYachts.com.
- Must mention your first and last name, phone number & email address.
- A Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Your letter of recommendation from the professor or faculty member.
- A brief explanation of your time spent volunteering or helping the community.
- We do not accept faxed applications. Only direct mail or emailed applications will be accepted
- Do not send any CDs, USB drives, tax returns, bank balances, resumes, or CVs.
The SI Yachts will give away a $2,000 scholarship to one qualified student who displays the work ethic and professionalism that we want to encourage. The provided funds will help them to accomplish their studies without any hurdles.
The application must be submitted by 31st December 2020.