The School of Information Systems (SIS) at Binus University is delighted to offer SIS Design Challenge. The competition is open for undergraduate students who aged between 18 – 25 years old and demonstrate their problem solving and design ability to propose solutions for digital-technology issues.
This year’s competition theme is “Redesign Your Business with Digital Technology”. The purpose of this competition is to give an opportunity for undergraduate students to implement their knowledge, analytical thinking, and teamwork in this competition.
SIS Design Challenge 2018 facilitates students (undergraduate program) from various design and technology backgrounds (e.g. HCI, UX, ICT, industrial design, product design, visual design, and interaction design).
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Participants of the competition are active undergraduate students.
- Age between 18 – 25 years old
- Each team consists of 2 undergraduate students who enroll in the same
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition applicants need to do register through the given link: http://islab.binus.ac.id/sisdesignchallenge/register
- Design Team: Pick your best team members. One team, consist of two people. A participant cannot be part of multiple teams. The participant must be an active student in the same
- Design Problem: The design problem for this challenge is “Redesign Your Business with Digital Technology”.
- Idea Design: Propose some ideas for an interactive technology-based design solution in many forms, such as Mobile application, Website, and Desktop Application to solve social problems and have a big
- Design Deliverable: Each team must upload their idea proposal report (in PDF format, max 10 Mb). The idea proposal report has never received an award or been a winner in similar contests either on a national or international scale. Idea proposal report must be delivered in English.
- PowerPoint Format: PowerPoint needs to explain these components in the most effective way. Powerpoint submitted by each team should include at least the following points :
- Brief Description of the application
- Objectives & Benefits
- How to use the application
- Application Scenario
- Prototype: Each team is required to bring a personal laptop and prototype to demonstrate it. The prototype must be displayed and tested.
- Ticket and Accommodation
- Each team will be responsible for their own Flight Ticket
- The committee does not provide the Flight Ticket to or from Jakarta & accommodation to or from airport/station to Venue.
- Awards: The prize award ceremony will be conducted after the Final Presentation.
All Finalists will get Souvenirs & Certificate, and 2 top winners will get the prizes:
- The winner: IDR 3.500.000
- Runner-up: IDR 2.500.000
Deadline of submission is September 23, 2018 – (23:59 Western Indonesian Time GMT +7).