Niio is the premium discovery and display platform for curated new media art delighted to announce Sino X Niio Illumination Art Prizes 2018/9. They invite professional artists and art students from around the world to submit artworks that support creativity at its most diverse for either one or both competitions.
For each competition category: one winner, one first runner-up, and three merits will be chosen. Their winning works will be publicly screened on the Tsim Sha Tsui Centre and the Empire Centre.
Who May Eligible:
Professional artists and art students from around the world are eligible to apply for this competition.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition, you need to do register through the given link: https://www.niio.com/
- There are 2 screens on 2 buildings which will display the artworks
- Submissions for Artworks will be shown on Screen A and B together, One artwork will be presented on the 2 divided screens.
- Artwork Resolution: 1068(px) x 364(px).
- Screens are using LED RGB technology – LED Pitch:
- Line interval: 305mm or 12”
- Dot interval: 203mm or 8”(center to center)
- Each work must be a video/animation, 30 (thirty) seconds to 2 (two) minutes long
- Formats: Apple ProRES or Mpeg H.264/H.265 (HEVC)
- Artworks are to be submitted only through the Niio platform.
- Applicants can apply for both prize categories and can send up to 2 artworks.
- First place winners will also receive USD 4,000 plus round-trip travel to Hong Kong (or the equivalent travel package of the same value)and accommodation plus a Niio 4k Art Player.
- Second place winners will receive USD 900 plus a Niio 4k Art Player.
- Those placed third, fourth and fifth will receive USD 500.
Registration will close on November 15, 2018.
You can contact email@example.com at any time if you have any questions or need any assistance.