Agency for science, technology and research (A*STAR) is delighted to announce the Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA). The award is open to open for international students who are pursuing their Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in Biomedical, Science, and Engineering related disciplines.
The Award supports short-term research attachments for top international students at A*STAR, giving you the unique opportunity to experience the vibrant scientific environment in A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia, and work with distinguished and world-renowned researchers.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Open for application by international students in Biomedical, Science, and Engineering related disciplines who are undergraduate students in their third or fourth year, or Master students.
- If you’re considering Ph.D. studies in A*STAR, do apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) programme.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit the following supporting documents via email to the contact person for the Research Institute that you would like to be attached to.
- Curriculum Vitae
- English-Translated Transcripts of Bachelor and Master Studies (if any)
- Copy of Identity Certificate/ Passport
- Recommendation letter (if any)
- Proposed start and end date of attachment
- A*STAR Research Institutes Coordinator List
- Interested students can browse through A*STAR Research Institutes (RIs) and Consortia for attachment opportunities.
- Interested students are to contact A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia directly for attachment opportunities.
- Agency for science, technology, and research (a*star) will provide a monthly stipend of $1,500 to the winning candidates.
- Research attachment period should be a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 6 months.
- A simple report detailing the student’s experience and research project is required to be submitted to A*GA 3 weeks before completion of attachment.
There are 6 application cycles per year. The deadlines are as the following:
- 31 Jan to 15 Feb.
- 31 Mar to 15 Apr.
- 31 May to 15 Jun.
- 31 Jul to 15 Aug.
- 30 Sep to 15 Oct.
- 30 Nov to 15 Dec.
Note: Nominations for A*STAR Graduate Academy’s (A*GA’s) funding of attachment must be submitted by the RI to A*GA at least 6 weeks in advance. Students are advised to contact the Research Institute at least 2 weeks before the nomination closing dates.