Agency for Science, Technology, and Research A*STAR glad to announce the “Singapore International Graduate Award (Singa)”. With this award, you have a chance to pursue your PhD education in Singapore and take your research career to greater heights. It is open to all international graduates who have a passion for science and engineering research and also have an excellent academic result.
Under SINGA, you’ll receive PhD training at an A*STAR Research Institute or one of the three top universities in Asia – NUS, NTU or SUTD. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All international graduates with a passion for Science and Engineering research and excellent academic results/qualifications are encouraged to apply for SINGA.
- Applicants have a good skill in written and spoken English
- Applicants have a good report from academic referees
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants need to register through the given link.
- Go to The PhD Projects to browse the projects you are interested in. Note that you will be required to indicate your choices of supervisor in the application form.
- If you are going to apply, you may use your national ID instead of a passport to apply.
- You need to complete for the sections “Project Title” and “Project Description” in the online application form.
- you are required to provide information on titles, areas, and descriptions of projects that are of your interest. This information can be found at the following links on the SINGA website.
- You are also welcome to email any of the SINGA supervisors listed for more information about the research projects.
- Required Documents: Upload your Bachelor/Masters’ transcripts (up till your latest semester), a letter of certification from your university, Identification card or Passport, a recent passport-sized photo In .jpeg or .png format, indicating that you are currently still studying, and the expected date of completion in the online application portal.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Monthly Stipend- S$2,000 per month (S$24,000 per annum), to be increased to S$2,500 per month (S$30,000 per annum) after passing Qualifying Examinations
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
- SINGA is a full-time research scholarship and you are not allowed to take up part-time jobs during your studies in Singapore.
The deadline for the Singapore International Graduate Award is June 1, 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).