- October 11, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Fellowships
The Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing is pleased to announce Simons-Berkeley Research Fellowship. The fellowship is open for exceptional young scientists (within at most six years of the award of their Ph.D. at the start of the academic year 2019-2020).
In its seventh year, 2019-2020, the Institute will host four further research programs on the following topics: in Summer 2019, “Foundations of Deep Learning,” in Fall 2019, “Proofs, Consensus, and Decentralizing Society,” and in Spring 2020, “The Quantum Wave in Computing” and “Lattices: Algorithms, Complexity and Cryptography.”
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Simons-Berkeley Research Fellowships are intended for exceptional young scientists (within at most six years of the award of their Ph.D. at the start of the academic year 2019-2020).
- Applicants who already hold junior faculty or postdoctoral positions are welcome to apply.
- In particular, applicants who hold, or expect to hold, postdoctoral appointments at other institutions are encouraged to apply to spend the duration of one program as a Simons-Berkeley Fellow subject to the approval of the postdoctoral institution.
- The Institute particularly encourages applications from women and minority candidates.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://simons.berkeley.edu/research-fellowship-application-2019-2020
- Each applicant for summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020, or more than one of these, should prepare the following documents in a single PDF file:
- Cover letter, briefly describing your interest in the Institute and its programs
- Curriculum vitae, including a full list of publications
- Research statement
- In addition, applicants must submit the names and email addresses of three recommenders.
Salaries and benefits are competitive and assistance with visas and housing will be provided.
The application deadline is November 15, 2018.
For questions, contact our Senior Program Coordinator Uta Lorenzen at +1-510-664-9852 or via email at email@example.com.