The Sight and Life Foundation is pleased to announce the Elevator Pitch Contest. Students and young professionals who graduated in the last five years are allowed to apply. The Sight and Life Elevator Pitch Contest is a platform to present their ideas in front of a distinguished team of experts, investors, and the nutrition science community.
The Elevator Pitch Contest’s goal is to identify and support such projects that can be implemented and produce a meaningful impact in the short term. The winner in each category will receive seed funds of USD 15000 to further develop the idea.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Students and young professionals who graduated in the last five years are eligible to apply.
- The applicant can apply as an individual. However, they encourage you to form a team to foster ideas that are innovative and well-rounded.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIDQK9IpnmUKWcx_EIoovd0eZmo1p8Q6SyzwQvg5Z3GZsAYw/viewform
- To stimulate innovation from different fields, the contest will have two categories:
- Non-food category: Aimed at finding an alternative, non-food solutions to keep aflatoxin-contaminated foods and feeds out of the food system
- Food category: Aimed at identifying solutions to eliminate or reduce exposure to aflatoxins from foods and feeds
- To start, you will need to have a Gmail account.
- The application has a few questions about your idea on how to improve nutrition assessments.
- In addition, a sketch explaining your innovation fitting on one page and not exceeding 1 MB is required.
- You can apply as an individual.
- However, they encourage you to form a team to foster ideas that are innovative and well-rounded.
- The winner in each category will receive seed funds of USD 15000 to further develop the idea.
- Three finalists from each category will win a trip (round trip and accommodation) to Mumbai to participate in the 19th World Congress of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST, October 23-28, 2018) and pitch their idea to a panel of experts and potential investors.
Submit your application by August 6, 2018, at 11:59 PM CEST. The top three finalists from each category will be announced on August 20, 2018.
For any queries or clarifications, email at email@example.com.