Shumaker, Loop and Kendrick, LLP is keen towards taking the Law career of the deserving students at the heights of success through their exceptional programs. Shumaker, Loop, and Kendrick, LLP is introducing its incredible Shumaker Diversity Scholarship. Forget about your law school debt worries as Shumaker is here with an interesting opportunity for you. First or second-year law students who are enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school and who participate in the Shumakers summer associate program are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The Shumaker Diversity Scholarship is open to students who are members of underrepresented or minority groups and have an outstanding undergraduate and law school academic credentials.
Shumaker is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion among their attorney and other professionals and believes that including attorneys and a staff member from diverse backgrounds is a critically important element I providing quality legal services to their clients and a productive working environment for their team members. The Shumaker Diversity Scholarship is an example of how the firm seeks candidates who demonstrate personal and professional experience and who bring diverse life experiences to their team. Through this program, the firm aims to support all the deserving students irrespective of their background to get real work experience.
Shumaker, Loop, and Kendrick, LLP founded in 1925 is a full-service business law firm with more than 260 lawyers, 50 paralegals, and 509 employees in its seven offices located in Toledo and Columbus, Ohio, Tampa and Sarasota, Florida, Charleston, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Shumaker is a premier provider of quality legal services to its core constituency, individuals, small businesses, health care providers, non-profit organizations, fortune 500, and international corporations. Their mission is to work on their client’s timetable and budget, focus on results, and keep their clients ahead of the curve.
Table of Contents
|Organization||Shumaker, Loop and Kendrick, LLP|
|Educational Level||Law students|
|Number of Awards||One or Two|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||November 1, 2020|
|Requirement||Application, Resume, Transcript, Legal samples|
Who May Be Eligible?
The firm has set certain eligibility requirements, students should follow before applying for the Scholarship:
- First or second-year law students who are enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school and who participate in the firm’s summer associate program to assist in offsetting his or her law school expense are eligible.
- The Scholarship is for the students who are members of underrepresented or minority groups.
- Applicants must have outstanding undergraduate and law school academic credentials and demonstrated leadership abilities and community involvement.
- The fellow should also demonstrate a commitment to practice law after graduating from law school in the geographic area of one of their firm’s offices
- The recipient should participate in and complete the firm’s summer associate program following his or her first or second year of law school for a minimum of eight weeks.
How to Apply
Students who are interested in the Scholarship must download the application form and complete it with all the legit information. Applicants should make sure they are providing all the mandatory documents along with the application. Application and documents should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The firm will not entertain late submissions. Invalid or incomplete data will not be accepted to review further.
- Fully completed application form.
- Current law school transcript.
- Current resume.
- Legal writing samples.
- Letters of Recommendation from three academic or professional references or their contact information (optional).
One or two students will be selected to award the amount of $7,500. The scholarship is in addition to the salary paid to the students for his or her summer associate program. This scholarship and program will give students real work experience and will help them with their educational expenses to complete their studies without any stress.
The deadline for this program is November 1, 2020.