Are you a clinical pre-licensure Nursing student? Then here is the chance to get some funds to pay your educational debts. The Arizona State University Financial Aid and Scholarship Services is announcing its valuable Shirley Kleinlein Compassionate Care Fund. Applicants should be a clinical pre-licensure nursing student who demonstrates the dedicated, professional, and compassionate care exemplified in Shirley Kleinleins life by satisfying other criteria.
This program aims to provide support to senior nursing students and encourage them to do better in their careers. It motivates them to come up with excellent research and advance the fields of nursing. The scholarship is designed to support nursing enthusiasts to come up with great ideas and techniques for advanced patient treatments. The university aims to reduce the financial burden on the students through this program.
On February 8, 1886, almost 30 years before Arizona was granted statehood the Territorial Normal School, Arizona’s first higher education institution, opened its doors to 33 students in a four-classroom building in Tempe. From humble beginnings, and through a series of name changes that led to a 1958 vote of the people and a 2-to-1 margin of victory for the advancement of Arizona State College to Arizona State University, ASU’s century-plus trajectory has led to its being recognized as the “most innovative” university in the country by U.S. News & World Report six years in a row. The history of Arizona State University is rich, bold, and vibrant.
Take a look at the details about the scholarship in the table below:
|Organization||Arizona State University|
|Educational Level||Senior students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||December 1, 2020|
|Requirement||Application, Transcript, Statement|
Who May Be Eligible?
Check the requirements set below to be eligible with this scholarship:
- Candidates should be a clinical pre-licensure Nursing student classified at the Senior Level.
- Fellows should demonstrate the academic success of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants should participate in a clinical research program at the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
- The student should demonstrate the dedicated, professional, and compassionate care exemplified in Shirley Kleinlein’s life.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, you should be admitted to the ASU and should access the application through the official portal. For this, you need your ASU credentials. Fellows need to submit all the required details and materials using the same application form. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Fellows should provide all the necessary documents with concern.
- Applicants should submit a 1-page essay demonstrating their spirit of dedication, compassion and care toward the vulnerable population such as the homeless, prison population, community health, etc., and the reason they are pursuing their desired profession.
- Fellows should Provide a recommendation from a faculty member.
- Candidates should Upload an application and/or additional files such as cover sheets, scholarship information sheets, etc. when they finalize their application.
The selected students will receive an amount of $1250. This amount should be utilized to pay the educational expenses of the candidate. The scholarship encourages the students to do better in their careers and advance the fields of nursing with their excellence. It reduces the financial burden on the candidates and makes higher education easy for them. It motivates the students to work hard for their dreams.
The last date to apply for the program is December 1, 2020.