Shelter co, Ltd. is pleased to announce the Shelter International Architectural Design Competition. The competition is open to international students who are undergraduate or post-graduate students at universities or at tertiary institutions. Competition Theme: What is “Home-for-All”.
The “Home-for-All” had initially intended to be a small gathering place for the victims of the disaster and their children, to provide a place of comfort where the disaster-stricken people who have lost their homes can talk, eat and live closely with one another.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- International Entries are welcome.
- Applicants must be undergraduate or post-graduate students at universities or at tertiary institutions (on 8 December 2018).
- Tertiary institutions include- junior colleges, colleges of technology, and other relevant vocational schools.
- If selected at the initial jury, the applicant must be available to participate in an open presentation (the final jury) to be held in Tokyo on 8 December 2018 (Saturday).
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit to:
Shelter Co., Ltd. Tokyo office:
Shiba-mita-mori building, 5-13-15 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0014 Japan
Phone: +81-(0)3 5418 8800
- Print out the reply email that you receive from the competition office, and affix it to the back of your submission, in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Write your entry number on the front side of your submission, in the top right-hand corner
- Require all submissions to be in physical form, and sent to us by mail or courier.
- Do not accept digital submissions sent by email.
- Submissions can be sent rolled, but must not be folded.
- Submissions will not be returned
- One A2 sized sheet of paper （594mm×420mm), portrait or landscape. (do not mount on the rigid panel.)
- Explanatory texts should be included on the sheet and can be in Japanese or in English.
- The types of illustrations and the scale of the drawings are to be decided by the entrants.
- Submitted work must be original, and must not have been published previously.
- The First Prize (1Award): ¥1,000,000 and Certificate of Merit
- The Second Prize (1Award): ¥500,000 and Certificate of Merit
- The Third Prize (3Award): ¥100,000 and Certificate of Merit
- Commendations (2Award): Certificates of Merit and prize gift
The application deadline is September 7, 2018.