The Global Wellness Summit (GWS) invites you to for the “Shark Tank of Wellness” Competition. The contest is a unique global challenge sponsoring by Global Wellness Summit, LLC. The contest is designed to encourage entrants to submit their most innovative, impactful ideas for the wellness industry. Students will compete for cash prizes totaling USD $10,000.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open to both individuals and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world.
- The contestant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working towards a one or two year diploma, a four year Bachelor’s degree or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/post-graduate student (working towards a masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The contestant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college.
- The contestant(s) must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor for their project.
- If a team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, the team leader will be flown to Italy along with his/her professor or faculty advisor.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To enter this Contest, the applicants must register by completing the entry form at the given link: https://yw217.infusionsoft.com/app/form/2018-sharktank-entryform
- Entrants are required to include with their entry a future-focused, innovative wellness idea, product or service that is potentially profitable, practical, and capable of being implemented globally.
- Each entry must include a concept video which has been uploaded to the Entrant’s YouTube or Dailymotion account. (Refer to the terms of service for each of YouTube and Dailymotion.)
- Video length: Video must be between 1 to 2 minutes.
- Video submission: Video must be uploaded to the contestant’s YouTube or Dailymotion account (Refer to YouTube’s and Dailymotion’s upload guidelines for more information).
- The video should include a presentation of the idea, focusing on why the innovation could positively impact the wellness industry and how exactly it could become a viable business.
- The video must contain only original work and not be subject to any copyright restrictions.
- All entries become the property of the Global Wellness Summit, which retains the right to publish the entries in all media formats including but not limited to print, digital, and broadcast.
- Entry creators and the GWS will be acknowledged in all published versions.
The total value of all prizes is USD $37,000.
- First Prize: One (1) first-prize winner will receive USD $5,000
- Second Prize: One (1) second-prize winner will receive USD $3,000
- Third Prize: One (1) third-prize winner will receive USD $2,000
- Additional non-cash prizes include airfare and hotel accommodations in Cesena, Italy for the top three student finalists (individual or team leader) and their professors.
- Also included is access to the three-day Summit (a $3,630 value) including all general sessions, breakout discussions, and industry forums, featuring global industry leaders.
- A myriad of social events and a final evening gala is included.
- This is a priceless opportunity to meet and learn from global visionaries.
The contest begins on Thursday, March 1, 2018, at approximately 12:00 PM (GMT) and ends on Friday, June 1, 2018, at 11:59 PM GMT.