To break the financial barriers in the path of dreams SFM Foundation is providing scholarships to the students. The scholarship program is focused on the group of students whose earning members met with a work-related accident at Minnesota or Lowa. The scholarship is open for students having a high school diploma, GED, or currently pursuing primary college, university degree, vocational education. So if you fall under one of these above-mentioned categories and your financial condition is holding you up to not achieve your dreams then this scholarship would act as wings to you in your path of dreams.
SFM Foundation is aimed at easing the burden on the families who have been affected by work-related accidents because of the harsh reality that education has become expensive nowadays and it’s even hard when the earning member of your family is injured. So they try to make a college education affordable and possible for the students who otherwise have no opportunity for the same.
SFM Foundation is an affiliate of Kids chance of America in Minnesota and Lowa. They aim at making the life of a student better whose earning member of the family met with a work injury or lost his/her life while working in Minnesota or Lowa. They believe that everyone should have equal educational opportunities in their life and providing scholarships is one way they can do to help the ambitious ones to get what they deserve.
Refer to the below table for quick information:
|Educational Level||High school, GED, undergraduate|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Deadline||March 31, 2022|
|Requirement||Transcripts, letter of recommendation, verification of college acceptance|
Who May Be Eligible
The candidates looking forward to applying for the scholarship have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The Applicant must be a natural/adopted/step-child or full dependent of a worker injured or killed in a work-related accident during the course and scope of employment with an employer-based in Minnesota or Lowa.
- The Applicant must fall in the age group of 16-25 years.
- The applicant must be a Minnesota or Lowa resident.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States or a lawful permanent resident.
- The applicant must be pursuing a primary college, university degree, or vocational education and training.
How to Apply
Candidates looking forward to applying for the scholarship program can do so through the online portal of SFM Foundation where they have to download the application form and fill it with accurate details and mail it to the same with the following list of supporting documents:
- Certified high school/college transcript
- school/state driver’s license/identification card
- 2 original letter of recommendation
- Brief description of nature and extent of a parent or legal guardian’s injury.
- Certified death certificate of a parent or legal guardian (if applicable).
- First Report of Injury
- Verification of college acceptance
- Estimated costs
- One-page explanation letter
A scholarship ranging between $1000-$10000 will be provided per year directly to the educational institutions depending upon the needs and it can be renewed up to 5 years for a bachelor’s degree if requirements continue to be met. the scholarship would aid in meeting the educational needs of the student.
The application would be closed by March 31, 2022. The interested applicant may apply before the due date to avoid the last-minute hassle.