Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) is delighted to announce SEIFSA Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019. These bursaries are intended for undergraduate engineering students, with strong academic results.
SEIFSA’s main mission is to be the utmost respected advocate within the engineering and metal industry in Southern Africa, so that they may develop innovative businesses prospected for growth and working alongside stakeholders for the best interests of the country.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- South African citizen
- 35 years old or younger
- Completed Metric or currently in Metric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 75% for Metric
- Achieved good academic results for Mathematics and Science in Metric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or registered (and accepted) to study at a recognized University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- Passed your tertiary institution’s standard aptitude test (or similar)
- Proven financial need (total income of maximum R20 000 for a single parent and maximum R40 000 for combined income)
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups, as well as employees of SEIFSA member companies and dependents
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com (Insert the words “SEIFSA Bursary Application – your full name” in the email subject line).
- Fax: 011 298 9543
- Post: Seifsa human capital and skills development Services, P O Box 1338, Johannesburg, 2000
- Hand delivered: 6th Floor, Metal Industries House, 42 Anderson Street, Johannesburg, 2000Or
- The SEIFSA bursary does not hold any contractual obligations for students who have
- Fields of study covered: Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, and Materials Science.
- the following documents must accompany your application form:
- Passport size Photograph
- Proof of registration from the Institution
- A certified copy of metric results
- An updated certified transcript of your latest academic results from the institution
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- Testimonial from your Employer/School or person of Authority
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Colour photo (passport size)
- Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy of)
- Proof of registration or proof of acceptance at your selected tertiary institution
- Latest academic results transcript (certified copy of)
- Testimonial from someone of authority (school or employer)
- A motivational letter explaining why you chose your field of study or career path and how you expect to make a positive contribution to society, if currently in Matric (maximum 1 page)
- Summary of your results from the previous year is currently in your 2nd to 4th year of tertiary studies
- Proof of parents income (payslips)
- The medical declaration, if required for your field of study
- The SEIFSA bursary will only cover the cost of tuition fees.
- Students are liable for all other study costs (accommodation, meals, stationery, books etc)
Applications will close on November 30, 2018.
For any queries regarding this specific bursary program, contact The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA): Khanya Vilakazi (Human Capital and Skills Development Manager) Tel: 011 298 9425 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 011 298 9525.