SIA student members or RISE program members or employees of SIA have a great chance to upgrade their knowledge about business, human resources, risk management, project management, and security engineering by winning RISE scholarship offered by Security Industry Association (SIA). With this scholarship, SIA members can develop their career goals with all the financial support.
Through the RISE scholarship program, five scholars will be awarded. This scholarship funds can be used toward continuing education and professional development programs of the students, such as training and certifications. The RISE scholarship program was started for SIA student members and RISE members who are employees of SIA member companies.
The Security Industry Association (SIA) supports the education and career development goals of young security professionals. The association mission is to be a catalyst for success within the global security industry through information, insight, and influence. This scholarship by the association helps students who want to expand their professional knowledge in business, human resources, information technology, marketing/sales, project management, security engineering, and risk management.
Who May Be Eligible?
Applicant must complete all the following requirements to be considered eligible for this scholarship:
- The applicant must be either an SIA student member or a RISE program member and an employee of SIA Member Company.
- Individuals must have at least one year of professional experience in the security industry.
- The applicant must be a full-time employee of an SIA member company.
- Individuals should have worked as the employer for a minimum of six months before the deadline and should have an excellent professional standing within the employer organization.
- Candidate related to current officers, directors, key employees of SIA, and the immediate families of SIA officer, direct and critical employees does not qualify for this scholarship program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should start their scholarship application through the online form. Applicants should complete the scholarship form and submit the documents with the application. Late or invalid information will lead to the rejection of the grant request. Candidates can follow the instructions in the app to complete the process. Incomplete supporting documents will not be considered.
Applicant must include following supporting documentation with the application;
- Applicants should submit their updated resume. This resume should consist of the work history of the applicant.
- The fellow should submit an essay. This essay should answer the following questions: Why have you chosen to apply for the RISE scholarship, and how will the money awarded be utilized? (500 words minimum)Where do you see the industry going within the next 5-10 years? (250 words minimum)Describe what your ideal career path looks like? (250 words minimum)What is your most notable professional accomplishment thus far in your career? (150 words minimum)How will continuing education and professional development contribute to your immediate and/or long-term career goals? (250 words minimum). Applicants should answer these questions briefly.
- Students must submit at least one professional reference. Applicants can submit two recommendations. Applicants should provide name, title, email address, and contact number of each referee.
Winners will receive a scholarship fund worth $3,000. This scholarship is awarded to five students. This scholarship is for student’s continuing education and professional development of the candidate according to the changing requirements of the industry. It ensures that their member’s students or employees are not left behind due to a lack of resources.
The deadline to submit the Security Industry Association (SIA) RISE Scholarship application is November 6, 2020.