The Security Industry Association (SIA) has specially designed the RISE grant program to support the schooling and vocation advancement goals of young security experts just like you. The Rise grant program is available to SIA member students and RISE members who are workers of SIA part organizations who need to grow their expert information in business, HR, data innovation, marketing, sales, project management, security engineering, risks management. Through this grant program, selected competitors will get grants amounting to $3,000 each. Grant assets can be utilized toward proceeding with education, paying you’re your studying loan and invest in expert development projects like training, diplomas, or other certifications.
The primary goal behind this scholarship is to help the students release their burdens of huge students loans and grant them enough funds to continue their education or invest in their professional development, which will further help in their career development. Now, to be qualified to get the grant, the candidate should have no less than one year of professional experience with the security business, and he should be a full-time worker of an SIA part organization or be an SIA understudy member; have worked for the company for at least a half year at the hour of the cutoff time and be on favourable terms inside the business association.
The Security Industry Association (SIA) is the market-leading trade organization for worldwide security arrangement suppliers, with more than 1,200 creative member organizations addressing a large number of safety pioneers and specialists who shape the eventual fate of the security business. Their vision is that they want to become the world’s leading organization for security arrangements with the mission to be an impetus for progress inside the worldwide security industry through data, knowledge, and impact.
|Organization||Security Industry Association|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||October 8, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Essay, letter of reference|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria are given below:
1. The applicant must be either an SIA student member or a RISE program member and an employee of an SIA member company.
2. The candidate should have no less than one year of professional experience in the security business.
3. The applicant should be a full-time worker of an SIA part organization or be an SIA understudy member; have worked for the business for at least a half year at the hour of the cutoff time, and be on favourable terms inside the business association.
4. Current officers, directors, and key employees of SIA and the immediate families of SIA officers, directors, and key employees are not eligible to receive scholarships under the program.
How to Apply?
In order to be considered for the RISE scholarship, the candidate must complete the following:
- The candidates are expected to complete the application form given on the official scholarship portal by providing all the correct and necessary information.
- In addition to that, the candidates will have to write an essay answering the given prompts:
- Please write a personal statement on why you chose to apply for the RISE scholarship, how the money earned would be utilized, and how your education will contribute to your long-term career plans. (250 words max)
- Describe how you think diversity could be further implemented in the industry? (250 words max)
- In your opinion, what are the most significant challenge and most considerable advantages of being a Young Professional in the industry? (250 words max)
- What is one of the biggest challenges facing the industry and the most significant opportunities that the industry has? (250 words max)
- What is a set of skills that you are looking to gain / what is one experience that you are hoping to have within your career? (250 words max)
- Tell us about a mentor/professional that has had a BIG impact on your life? Why? (250 words max)
- What do you do to celebrate the best days, and what do you do to bounce back from the worst? (250 words max)
The participants are required to provide at least one or preferably two letters of reference from a professional.
The scholarship committee will select the most deserving scholarship recipients and grant them the scholarship money of $3,000 each, which can be further put towards continuing your education, your professional development, or repayment of loans. Etc.
The deadline to submit your application packets for the 2021 Rise scholarship is Friday, October 8, 2021. Submissions done past the deadline will be rejected.