Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC) is delighted to announce the SDC International Design Competition sponsored by Archroma. The competition is free to enter and attracts hundreds of entries worldwide. The theme for 2018 is ‘color communication’.
The competition is open to fashion and textile design undergraduates in Australia, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Pakistan, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the USA, and the United Kingdom.
This is SDC’s annual flagship competition, engaging with hundreds of students, universities, and designers globally. The competition helps the entrants develop their understanding of color and the challenges around sustainability in the textile supply chain.
Who May Eligible:v
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Undergraduate students in higher or further education following a recognized first degree or diploma course in fashion and/or textile design from the countries listed below.
- The participating countries are: Australia, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Pakistan, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Kingdom
- Entries must be endorsed by the course leader and entry forms submitted by the college or university on behalf of the student/s to the regional contact. Individual entries will not be considered.
- Age limit: Students must be 18 or over on 1 April 2018.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must submit an entry form at https://fs26.formsite.com/SocietyDyersColourists/form17/index.html
- Only one entry may be submitted by each student.
- Group entries will not be accepted.
- The work can be based on a fashion or textile design project produced as part of the standard course curriculum or specifically for the competition.
- Content can include finished roughs, design sheets, illustrations, working drawings, mood boards, photographs, fabric indicators, material swatches, etc.
- At least one board must outline the color theme with the color palette clearly indicated.
- This year’s theme of “colour communication” must be included in the design and written statement, with colors from the Color Atlas by Archroma®, used or referenced in your entry.
- Each submission must be titled and supported by a typewritten statement in English (no more than one A4 page / ~500 words) explaining the background and inspiration for the work.
- Boards (maximum of 4 ) should be A3 (297 x 420 mm) or A2 (420 x 594 mm) in size, with your artwork securely mounted.
- The winner of the heat in each country will be invited to attend the global grand final.
- The global winner will receive £1,000 cash and the prestigious Veronica Bell Trophy.
- The winner and finalists also benefit from significant international profile and press.
The application will close on November 30, 2018.
For general inquiries, email email@example.com. For country-specific inquiries, email your regional contact.