- July 10, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
The Society for Neuroscience is pleased to announce the Science Journalism Student Award. The award is open to both undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in or have recently completed formal education in science or medical journalism.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Both undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in or have recently completed (within the past calendar year) formal education in science or medical journalism
- Formal education in general journalism and can adequately demonstrate the intent to primarily cover science or medicine
- Formal education in a scientific or medical field and can adequately demonstrate the intent to primarily cover science or medicine
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit all the following materials in English to email@example.com.
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s career goals and how attending the meeting will help achieve them
- Resume or CV
- Two published clips, if available
- Letter of recommendation from an instructor or professor
- Recipients get complimentary meeting registration, four nights’ lodging, and $750 to help defray the expenses of attending the meeting.
- Additionally, recipients are assigned a mentor who is an experienced professional journalist covering the annual meeting.
- SfN media staff are also available to advise award recipients how to navigate and report on the meeting.
All applications are due by August 31, 2018.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 962-4000.